Thursday Night - Site Wide - Casual Competitive Halo 4

993 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, 12/06/2012 - 08:42
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

My party officially opens up at 9:00 Eastern but you may catch me on before that time. I will be available.

NOTE:
I sure could use some dedicated official Site Wide Party leaders. Requirements are listed in the OP and if people are enjoying your leadership then reasonable straying from the formula is acceptable.
We usually have a full party off and on for two hours and there are times when people may want in and I simply don't have the attention span to get them in or setup new parties.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 10:29 (Reply to #65)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

My party officially opens up at 9:00 Eastern but you may catch me on before that time. I will be available.

NOTE:
I sure could use some dedicated official Site Wide Party leaders. Requirements are listed in the OP and if people are enjoying your leadership then reasonable straying from the formula is acceptable.
We usually have a full party off and on for two hours and there are times when people may want in and I simply don't have the attention span to get them in or setup new parties.

 

I'll be around tonight.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 11:23 (Reply to #66)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

My party officially opens up at 9:00 Eastern but you may catch me on before that time. I will be available.

NOTE:
I sure could use some dedicated official Site Wide Party leaders. Requirements are listed in the OP and if people are enjoying your leadership then reasonable straying from the formula is acceptable.
We usually have a full party off and on for two hours and there are times when people may want in and I simply don't have the attention span to get them in or setup new parties.

 

I'll be around tonight.

Good'o. I've got a new map to show you. It's called "16 Hogs are fun". ;)

Actually I do have a map to show you but it's not ready for anything except a quick peak.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 13:15 (Reply to #67)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

My party officially opens up at 9:00 Eastern but you may catch me on before that time. I will be available.

NOTE:
I sure could use some dedicated official Site Wide Party leaders. Requirements are listed in the OP and if people are enjoying your leadership then reasonable straying from the formula is acceptable.
We usually have a full party off and on for two hours and there are times when people may want in and I simply don't have the attention span to get them in or setup new parties.

 

I'll be around tonight.

Good'o. I've got a new map to show you. It's called "16 Hogs are fun". ;)

Actually I do have a map to show you but it's not ready for anything except a quick peak.

 

I'm fine with most anything but Hog Mania.  This other binary rifle and something else gametype sounds horrible too.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 09:59
Gatsu's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/21/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I will be on again this evening. Apologies to LaLa for not jumping in with him in his room. Got distracted by the pretty colors and gunfire and didn't jump over. If the numbers get thin in your room again this week I'll be sure to jump over.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 14:38
pooslza's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 01/14/2008 - 23:00

Pick me up, im in for tnite.   

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 16:50
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

For tonight, we'll probably get 10 folks in a room,run some matchmaking objective games until folks drop out, maybe transition to customs and see where we are from there.  

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 18:11 (Reply to #71)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

For tonight, we'll probably get 10 folks in a room,run some matchmaking objective games until folks drop out, maybe transition to customs and see where we are from there.  

Feel free to drop into my customs at any time. :)

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 23:03 (Reply to #72)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

For tonight, we'll probably get 10 folks in a room,run some matchmaking objective games until folks drop out, maybe transition to customs and see where we are from there.  

Feel free to drop into my customs at any time. :)

 

Didn't see you on, sir.  Currently, Pathfinder, Pooszla, and TXCubemonkey and I are a 4-man wrecking crew.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 19:59
Gatsu's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/21/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Not gonna be on tonight sadly. somethings come up at the last minute. Will be on this weekend if anyones up for customs.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 22:09
Lala Calamari's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/29/2007 - 23:00

I hopped on and grabbed a few people.  I think the main room was full, so I just spammed the FoF tag.  Managed to get 8 (one point 9) and we went through a bunch of maps Pooslza had.  The custom maps were pretty good.

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 00:25 (Reply to #75)
Short_Bus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 month ago
Joined: 03/15/2011 - 23:00

Lala Calamari wrote:

I hopped on and grabbed a few people.  I think the main room was full, so I just spammed the FoF tag.  Managed to get 8 (one point 9) and we went through a bunch of maps Pooslza had.  The custom maps were pretty good.

 

Good games tonight, lots of fun

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 03:41 (Reply to #76)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Lala Calamari wrote:

I hopped on and grabbed a few people.  I think the main room was full, so I just spammed the FoF tag.  Managed to get 8 (one point 9) and we went through a bunch of maps Pooslza had.  The custom maps were pretty good.

Thanks for handling the overflow. I was over my head trying to play and message properly. Thankfully a lot of people are able to drop in my party when they are ready.

Thanks again to CHA0S Qc for taking over after I logged off.

People got to endure my map. It's still pretty rough but works minimally for Slayer. A long road to go with it.

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 11:13
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Nice to be able to jump in with site peeps.  Played with clannies until 10 (why I didn't jump in with Lala) then noticed Deep's room was not full and jumped in there.  Nice to be able to do that.  Good games.

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 13:21
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

BTW, that Binary rifle game was better than I thought.

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 13:54 (Reply to #79)
Lala Calamari's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/29/2007 - 23:00

DEEP_NNN wrote:

BTW, that Binary rifle game was better than I thought.

 

We talked about that but didn't have all the settings and I'm lazy.  I was hoping someone would show up the game type already created.

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 14:31 (Reply to #80)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Lala Calamari wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

BTW, that Binary rifle game was better than I thought.

 

We talked about that but didn't have all the settings and I'm lazy.  I was hoping someone would show up the game type already created.

I think it was FlippantKnave who had it.

Bubba had Team Regicide from MM. Seemed to work well, after I set the time to more than a minute. LOL

Sat, 12/08/2012 - 16:34
Ripply's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 15:13

Thanks for letting me play a few games Thursday w/ you all. I just bought new TB x12 headset and thought I had figured everything out. I was wrong. I guess you need to be smart. I had to go to youtube and watch some 15yr old kid tell me how to use my hdmi w/ it b/c out of the box you can not. My tv and xbox shut off when I tried to fix while we were playing, I didn't rage quit but my xbox did. OK take care and looking forward to playing again with you all. 46

Sat, 12/08/2012 - 23:55
halo2teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/16/2006 - 23:00

Site wide is awesome- love playing with peeps I haven't seen in forever and new peeps, too- just have to remember which is which! 31  My apologies if I don't remember playing with you before- I try really hard to keep all the men I play with straight blush

XOXO,

Nirvy

Sun, 12/09/2012 - 07:05 (Reply to #83)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

halo2teacher wrote:

Site wide is awesome- love playing with peeps I haven't seen in forever and new peeps, too- just have to remember which is which! 31  My apologies if I don't remember playing with you before- I try really hard to keep all the men I play with straight blush

XOXO,

Nirvy

Why do I now feel like one of your toys?

Sun, 12/09/2012 - 11:46 (Reply to #84)
halo2teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/16/2006 - 23:00

Long wait to be a "boy toy" huh? 32

Sun, 12/09/2012 - 09:24
DatBasementCat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/04/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Good times playing with DeepNNN and others last Thursday night. It was fun.

Sun, 12/09/2012 - 21:26
wamam87's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 11/05/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

if we can get a few names for regular leaders, i'll put the names in the bio or the FOF so peeps know who to send invites to.

Fri, 12/14/2012 - 09:39 (Reply to #87)
B1G_KAHUNER's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 02/04/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

wamam87 wrote:

if we can get a few names for regular leaders, i'll put the names in the bio or the FOF so peeps know who to send invites to.

 

Great idea. I had to run solo for about an hour last night before anyone on my FL hopped on

Thu, 12/13/2012 - 07:44
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Please, take pity on the old. LOL

Fri, 12/14/2012 - 11:28
Kenny Grindall's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 4 months ago
Joined: 11/26/2012 - 16:54

Wow. I don't think I can call what I saw last night casual at all...

Not for me, anyway. Yes, I am new to 2o2p, and maybe I really am too old for this. I used the FoF tag thing to find several of you, and I did not see a single 2o2p player with SR lower than 50. Not one other noob to be seen.

If teams were mixed skill levels, I'd give it a shot, but no way am I spawning into what would certainly feel, to me, .like a clan firestorm. I am SR30, but even that's misleading, as it has all come from Spartan Ops and commendations. In WarGames, my survival between respawns is probably averaging 15-20 seconds, and I typically never saw the player who assassinated me — well, except for that sad "instant replay".

Maybe I am just not Spartan material...

But I'd like a chance to get there.

I will check in on Thursdays for a while, and try to invite myself in if a party looks truly casual.

Cheers!

 

Fri, 12/14/2012 - 12:20 (Reply to #90)
Whiskey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 10/02/2007 - 23:00

Kenny Grindall wrote:

Wow. I don't think I can call what I saw last night casual at all...

Not for me, anyway. Yes, I am new to 2o2p, and maybe I really am too old for this. I used the FoF tag thing to find several of you, and I did not see a single 2o2p player with SR lower than 50. Not one other noob to be seen.

If teams were mixed skill levels, I'd give it a shot, but no way am I spawning into what would certainly feel, to me, .like a clan firestorm. I am SR30, but even that's misleading, as it has all come from Spartan Ops and commendations. In WarGames, my survival between respawns is probably averaging 15-20 seconds, and I typically never saw the player who assassinated me — well, except for that sad "instant replay".

Maybe I am just not Spartan material...

But I'd like a chance to get there.

I will check in on Thursdays for a while, and try to invite myself in if a party looks truly casual.

Cheers!

 

 

You kind of answered your own question - SR is meaningless.  Do you think you're the only one with a high SR due to non-multiplayer activities?  365  Answer:  you're not.

 

Don't look at the SR....just find players and hop into a game, esp the ones DEEP runs.  It's casual, regardless of what you see as rankings.  And there are often multiple lobbies and games going on...so if a bunch of higher skilled guys get together and want to go pub stomping, you can shift over to another group.

 

You're only denying yourself some fun-ness if you shy away due to perceived skill level groupings.  The water's fine...jump in!  50

Fri, 12/14/2012 - 12:03
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

I'm pretty new to 2O2P as well (although I've been playing the Halos for nearly a decade) and no one has commented adversely on my game play (other than me myself). I try to personally "shoot for" at least 5 kills in a slayer match (I seem to do better in vehicles) and I've been on teams where the top scorers have had 20+ kills. As long as I have the free time, keep getting invited in on Thursdays and the over-50-Tuesdays, I'll keep playing.  Thanks, DEEP, for setting these up!

Fri, 12/14/2012 - 12:29
zombiekitten's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/10/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

What whiskey said! I've never heard anyone get yelled at in Deep's "casual" party for playing bad. I've had games with NO kills and too many deaths to admit, and no one yelled at me. Now before you say "yeah, but you have boobs!", some of those same games had guys on our team who didn't do much better than me. They didn't get yelled at either lol! Jump in, give it a chance, make friends with other bad players! And just so you know, some of the super competitive, good players are nice guys who don't care how you do in a game :)

Fri, 12/14/2012 - 12:33 (Reply to #93)
Whiskey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 10/02/2007 - 23:00

zombiekitten wrote:

Now before you say "yeah, but you have boobs!", some of those same games had guys on our team who didn't do much better than me.

 

I'd wager that a fair number of those guys also have boobs.  Just sayin'.

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p