[GT6] Thursday Nights - 19:00 - 22:00 EST

625 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, 01/02/2014 - 16:20 (Reply to #91)
Wheels's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

GrimGrnninGhost wrote:

1:22's??????  Wholy crap!!  I thought I was doing good with 1:25.  Was that is with the stock gear and aero settings?  Was that in the lobby or in the garage test track?

3G's...laugh...That definitely was on the garage test track...I could never duplicate that with traffic. I was pushing and pushing..I only got there once so far..Pure Stock...I wouldn't know how to change anything!! I was having a lot of luck with no assists but that came to a sudden halt with the Lotus....Cracks Me UP!!!...Back to square one!!!laugh

Thu, 01/02/2014 - 16:41
GrimGrnninGhost's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 02/13/2013 - 20:31

Very nice.

As for tonights Elise, it is MR and they are a bit loose in stock form.  Also, the Mazda is on Racing hard whereas the Elise is on Sports Medium which is contributing to the handling Im sure

Thu, 01/02/2014 - 17:53
Parcells2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Tonight's Lotus is much more difficult to handle than Snappy's Roadster thats for sure and to be honest the most difficult Thursday car we've driven to date (not as smooth as the Opel I dont think) but its slow and manageable.

Dont be a pussy Wheels and I'll see you in 5 minutes. I'll give you some advise I rarely share with people...be gentle with the car and she will love you back.

 

 

 

Thu, 01/02/2014 - 18:14 (Reply to #94)
Wheels's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Parcells2 wrote:

Tonight's Lotus is much more difficult to handle than Snappy's Roadster thats for sure and to be honest the most difficult Thursday car we've driven to date (not as smooth as the Opel I dont think) but its slow and manageable.

Dont be a pussy Wheels and I'll see you in 5 minutes. I'll give you some advise I rarely share with people...be gentle with the car and she will love you back.

 

 

 

Thanks Parcells...I Appreciate It!yes

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 11:39 (Reply to #95)
unsub073's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 07/26/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Parcells2 wrote:

Tonight's Lotus is much more difficult to handle than Snappy's Roadster thats for sure and to be honest the most difficult Thursday car we've driven to date (not as smooth as the Opel I dont think) but its slow and manageable.

Dont be a pussy Wheels and I'll see you in 5 minutes. I'll give you some advise I rarely share with people...be gentle with the car and she will love you back.

 

 

 

 

The Lotus has been my favorite so far.  I couldn't drive the Lancia to save my life last week.

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 08:09
Parcells2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

See, that wasn't too bad now was it Wheels? You seemed to have as much control of that car as anyone else did and finished rather well most races no? I know I layed a big goose egg last night when the spec car came out...the brakes were screwing with me and then I forgot how to drive almost it wasn't very pretty.

Grimm: What happened to you last night? Hope it was nothing I/we did.

Those damn GT mics, seems they cut in and out for everyone and completely random. Very frustrating.

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 09:06 (Reply to #97)
Wheels's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Parcells2 wrote:

See, that wasn't too bad now was it Wheels? You seemed to have as much control of that car as anyone else did and finished rather well most races no? I know I layed a big goose egg last night when the spec car came out...the brakes were screwing with me and then I forgot how to drive almost it wasn't very pretty.

Grimm: What happened to you last night? Hope it was nothing I/we did.

Those damn GT mics, seems they cut in and out for everyone and completely random. Very frustrating.

Parcells..If it wasn't for your tip I would of been all over the track like I was when I practiced a little bit. My Sincere Appreciation...That Tip Really did Help Me until I got GREEDY with my lead foot. Got to concentrate more and not get GREEDY! ....It took me a while to get use to the braking...Seemed it just didn't want to stop...To Me anyway. My Sincere Apology to anyone I either took out or was in front of me when I thought I had plenty of time to brake...I Didn't...Anyway I had a Great Time and was good to get back to Thursday Nights...yeslaugh

P.(arcell)S....Hopefully be better next week...Looking forward to it!!

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 12:21 (Reply to #98)
GrimGrnninGhost's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 02/13/2013 - 20:31

Parcells2 wrote:

Grimm: What happened to you last night? Hope it was nothing I/we did.

Just struggling with the non adjustable cars as they (especially the street cars) really do not fit my driving style.  Noticed it in all three weeks so far and have come to the conclusion that this is not the event for me.  Sorry

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 11:10
brntguy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/04/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

The racing was good and fun but damn the chat on the ps3 kinda sucks, wish it was like xbox live that is for sure. Wonder what the chat is like on the ps4? Is the chat/mic problems just a bluetooth problem with the ps3 or does it have something to do with the game?

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 11:22 (Reply to #100)
Wheels's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

brntguy wrote:

The racing was good and fun but damn the chat on the ps3 kinda sucks, wish it was like xbox live that is for sure. Wonder what the chat is like on the ps4? Is the chat/mic problems just a bluetooth problem with the ps3 or does it have something to do with the game?

Brnt...Check on your pairing at sign in..Make sure it is paired and not inadvertently canceled or lost!....I run the Turtle Beach XP 500's and when I read the directions they seem to work fine.surprise

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 12:22
brntguy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/04/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Wheels I have 3 different mic setups including a usb plugin one so I've been thru it all with them and pairing etc. I have tried all different ways etc but it's still sketchy at times and none work nowhere as good as xbox live chat. I know how to pair and make sure it's all working prior to even starting the game and once the game is going also, it's not like I don't know what I'm doing I do.

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 14:50 (Reply to #102)
Wheels's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

brntguy wrote:

Wheels I have 3 different mic setups including a usb plugin one so I've been thru it all with them and pairing etc. I have tried all different ways etc but it's still sketchy at times and none work nowhere as good as xbox live chat. I know how to pair and make sure it's all working prior to even starting the game and once the game is going also, it's not like I don't know what I'm doing I do.

Brnt...No Disrespect Intended.surprise

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 12:34
Zero7159's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/12/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Many of us have been playing GT online since November 2010 and chat has always been an issue.

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 12:40
Zero7159's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/12/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

The car last night was fine.  You just could not mash the throttle.  I drove with no assists, using no clutch and my H shifter.  At first, the race brakes gave me trouble, but once I adjusted my driving style, I was fine.

There is a neverending tension between fixed and open set up racing.  When I did online racing in Forza 3 and 4, it was almost always open set up, which meant I was usually at a disadvantage, unless someone was kind enough to provide a tune.  Snappy would regularly do that in his series, hence I was more competitive.  I understand that some folks like to tune to get an advantage and I totally respect that for open set up racing.  But, that puts us non-tuners at a disadvantage, unless we get a good tune from someone.  With a fixed set up, no one is disadvantaged.  I personally think that is a huge factor in why this series has last for three years.  There is parity from top to bottom.

I know there are fast guys in this clan that are used to being at the front.  If this series is going to work for you, you will have to accept the fact that anyone can win.  

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 12:47
GrimGrnninGhost's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 02/13/2013 - 20:31

Because I dont expect the series to change just for me, that is why I have decided that this series is not for me.  I prefer to be able to adjust a car to meet my driving style.

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 15:01
brntguy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/04/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

None taken Wheels. I just wish I could figure out why the chat is so sketchy. I've tried quite a few things and a few different setups and its still just hit or miss and wish I could get it to work as well as xbox live chat but maybe thats just a pipe dream. Very frustrating.
 

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 21:34
Indycolts727's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 12/21/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I totally get where Grim is coming from. Back in my NASCAR Racing days, I was in a couple of different racing leagues - one that ran fixed-setups and on that ran open-setups. I always liked the open-setup format better because it required a lot more preparation time since I'd spend a lot of time searching for the right tweak that woud give me about tenth-of-a-second on the track. There was always that chance that you'd nail the setup and be dominate or completely blow it and be playing catch-up the entire race.

Of course, fixed-setups are fine, too, because all you need to worry about is the racing line as it related to the handling of that week's car. Fixed setups are perfect for Thursday nights since we want to run multiple tracks and we'd each have to invest a LOT of time prepping cars for five different tracks. Grimm's Sunday league is perfect for open-setups since it's one-car/one-track.

Fri, 01/03/2014 - 21:40
Indycolts727's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 12/21/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I loved last night's car - I've always loved the the twitchy nature of the Lotus cars in this series. By now everyone should have that Light Car - the one that looks like a 60's-era Formula One car. I'm working on a setup for that car that will give it the handling characterstics of Parcells' Lotus from last night. Right out of the showroom the car is slow and relatively neutral - to be a Formula One car of the 60's it needs to be powerful and somewhat loose. I hope we can save this car until February because this month is going to get a bit hectic because I have a long trip to NYC at the end of the month and I may miss two weeks (23rd and 30th.)

Sat, 01/04/2014 - 09:56
Parcells2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Spreadsheet has been updated with next week’s spec car. Let me know when you guys get tired of Parcells submitted cars and when you do start submitting your own entries and we’ll make it happen.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiaZK9drHM9AdDFEME1FVjExUU9FUHcxYjVvSzdhZVE&authkey=CIf98IwC&hl=en_US#gid=90

 

Sat, 01/04/2014 - 09:57
Parcells2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Sorry to hear that Grimm. You race well and will be missed. That said feel free to join any week we do run a tunable spec car (like this Thursday) which always start at 8:30 EST and you can certainly submit a spec car if you wish to.

Sat, 01/04/2014 - 10:00
Parcells2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

OK guys want your feedback on the Thursday night formats. Not the spec car races (they will remain the same) but when we’re not running spec cars. We do not have a shuffle race option any longer AND the one make cars available to choose from remain at about 20 and so far they have not changed so we will very quickly get bored with the cars they make available to us unless we come up with some new options so what do you guys think?

My primary goal here to keep the set-up pretty simple so we can keep this mostly a pick-up night of racing so don’t wish to overcomplicate things but I’m not happy with the current options.

I’d be open to making maybe one night a month a free for all where we pick one or two PP ratings and we all race whatever we bring to the track. Traditionally the Thursday night crowd prefers the same vehicle to keep the racing close which is why I don’t want to try this every week (too much prep work for most) but once a month could break up the monotony.

What I was seriously considering (because with GT6 you CAN buy any car you want to) is to assign maybe 10 cars a month that we can all purchase beforehand so we will all have them if or when we decide the static 20 cars don’t offer what we’re looking for. Over time we would end up with all kinds of cars available and if worse comes to worse if you do not have the car come Thursday night when we choose it you can simply leave the room, purchase the car and get back into the room.

That last option of course works for everyone except the host so the idea of choosing 10 cars a month is we all have an opportunity to pick these cars…they do not have to be cars that I choose. These monthly cars would be forced to stock build and tune as they are essentially providing us more than the 20 one-make cars currently available to choose from.

Opinions please…do you like the 10 car option?, the monthly PP cars? Do you have any other ideas to make Thursday night’s any more appealing?  

Sun, 01/05/2014 - 09:35 (Reply to #112)
Wheels's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Parcells2 wrote:

OK guys want your feedback on the Thursday night formats. Not the spec car races (they will remain the same) but when we’re not running spec cars. We do not have a shuffle race option any longer AND the one make cars available to choose from remain at about 20 and so far they have not changed so we will very quickly get bored with the cars they make available to us unless we come up with some new options so what do you guys think?

My primary goal here to keep the set-up pretty simple so we can keep this mostly a pick-up night of racing so don’t wish to overcomplicate things but I’m not happy with the current options.

I’d be open to making maybe one night a month a free for all where we pick one or two PP ratings and we all race whatever we bring to the track. Traditionally the Thursday night crowd prefers the same vehicle to keep the racing close which is why I don’t want to try this every week (too much prep work for most) but once a month could break up the monotony.

What I was seriously considering (because with GT6 you CAN buy any car you want to) is to assign maybe 10 cars a month that we can all purchase beforehand so we will all have them if or when we decide the static 20 cars don’t offer what we’re looking for. Over time we would end up with all kinds of cars available and if worse comes to worse if you do not have the car come Thursday night when we choose it you can simply leave the room, purchase the car and get back into the room.

That last option of course works for everyone except the host so the idea of choosing 10 cars a month is we all have an opportunity to pick these cars…they do not have to be cars that I choose. These monthly cars would be forced to stock build and tune as they are essentially providing us more than the 20 one-make cars currently available to choose from.

Opinions please…do you like the 10 car option?, the monthly PP cars? Do you have any other ideas to make Thursday night’s any more appealing?  

Parcells...You Pick It...I'll Race It...If somewhere down the line,I by chance get bored, I may come up with a suggestion.laugh

Mon, 01/06/2014 - 09:23 (Reply to #113)
unsub073's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 07/26/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Parcells2 wrote:

OK guys want your feedback on the Thursday night formats. Not the spec car races (they will remain the same) but when we’re not running spec cars. We do not have a shuffle race option any longer AND the one make cars available to choose from remain at about 20 and so far they have not changed so we will very quickly get bored with the cars they make available to us unless we come up with some new options so what do you guys think?

My primary goal here to keep the set-up pretty simple so we can keep this mostly a pick-up night of racing so don’t wish to overcomplicate things but I’m not happy with the current options.

I’d be open to making maybe one night a month a free for all where we pick one or two PP ratings and we all race whatever we bring to the track. Traditionally the Thursday night crowd prefers the same vehicle to keep the racing close which is why I don’t want to try this every week (too much prep work for most) but once a month could break up the monotony.

What I was seriously considering (because with GT6 you CAN buy any car you want to) is to assign maybe 10 cars a month that we can all purchase beforehand so we will all have them if or when we decide the static 20 cars don’t offer what we’re looking for. Over time we would end up with all kinds of cars available and if worse comes to worse if you do not have the car come Thursday night when we choose it you can simply leave the room, purchase the car and get back into the room.

That last option of course works for everyone except the host so the idea of choosing 10 cars a month is we all have an opportunity to pick these cars…they do not have to be cars that I choose. These monthly cars would be forced to stock build and tune as they are essentially providing us more than the 20 one-make cars currently available to choose from.

Opinions please…do you like the 10 car option?, the monthly PP cars? Do you have any other ideas to make Thursday night’s any more appealing?  

I actually like that idea where you can have each of us submit one car each month for the group to buy for the static portion of the racing.   

Tue, 01/07/2014 - 16:47 (Reply to #114)
Parcells2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I guess thats the level of feedback I expected from the Thursday night crew...Nobody gives a fuck LOL.

But that's OK at least the notorious unsub Frank is on board and he's found an improvement to the system where everyone gets to participate. I'm gonna take his idea and expand on it to get this shit over with quickly and then we'll see if we can get it to fly...I'll force the issue :)

I will assign 10 cars to purchase for the upcoming month and hopefully they wont all be cars that Parcells picks although I do like his cars. See the below post

Tue, 01/07/2014 - 16:48
Parcells2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

ATTENTION: If you participate in Thursday night racing please post or PM me 5 (or more) cars that you wouldn't mind driving totally stock on a Thursday night. 

If you've been paying attention each month I will assign 10 cars that we all must purchase for the upcoming month to be used when we are not running the spec cars.

Tue, 01/07/2014 - 16:55
Zero7159's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/12/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Parcells, I will buy and race whatever car you tell me to in GT6, RL commitments permitting of course.

Tue, 01/07/2014 - 17:05
Parcells2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Thanks Craig but you can do better than that. I honestly believed this idea might end up with just you me and unsub submitting cars to run so I was expecting at least one or two from the Craigster...can I call you Craigster? Come on throw Parcells a bone.

Tue, 01/07/2014 - 17:12 (Reply to #118)
Zero7159's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/12/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Parcells2 wrote:

Thanks Craig but you can do better than that. I honestly believed this idea might end up with just you me and unsub submitting cars to run so I was expecting at least one or two from the Craigster...can I call you Craigster? Come on throw Parcells a bone.

Chapparal 2J race car.  This is my favorite car in Gran Turismo 6.  Period.

Tue, 01/07/2014 - 17:08
Parcells2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

On second thought you can rarely make the pre-spec shenanigans anyway so why would you care? 

Tue, 01/07/2014 - 17:23
kurupt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 09/10/2010 - 23:00

I have Thursdays off and wouldn't mind jumping in....ATM I can't help much with cars as I don't have much ingame coin and it seems tuning one car takes a few hundred thousand out of the bank so I've only thrown a few parts on cars and don't have anything over 450 currently.  Once I get ahead I'll submit some cars just tell me what pp you want them at and what type of cars twist your nipples  and I'll do my best for ya :) 

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p