Halo 4 CHAMPIONS Bundle (New Amour Mods)

63 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sat, 07/06/2013 - 15:14
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Halo 4 CHAMPIONS Bundle (New Amour Mods)

Get New Maps, Game Types and More in the Halo 4 Champions Bundle

By Xbox Wire Staff

The “Halo 4” Champions bundle — the fourth major expansion in the “Halo” Infinity Multiplayer1 experience —launches on Aug. 20 for 800 Microsoft Points2 on Xbox Live1. Developed by 343 Industries in collaboration with Certain Affinity, the Champions Bundle delivers three DLC packs (Steel Skin Pack, Bullseye Pack and Infinity Armor Pack) and bonus content, which includes more than 18 new, in-game items that are exclusive to the bundle for a limited time.

Each of the three DLC packs in the Champions bundle will also be available as standalone purchases on launch day. The Bullseye Pack will be available for 480 MS Points2 and the Infinity Armor Pack and Steel Skin Pack will be available for 240 MS Points2 each.  The bonus content is only available for a limited time exclusively through the bundle.


  • Bullseye Pack: Two new multiplayer maps, a sports-themed Spartan armor and a new competitive gravball game type called Ricochet
     
  • Infinity Armor Pack: Set your Spartan up with impressive and legendary new armor
     
  • Steel Skin Pack: Bring an elaborate steampunk style to your UNSC, Covenant, and Forerunner weapons
     

To learn all about the “Halo 4” Champions bundle, including a detailed breakdown of what each DLC pack includes, please visit Halo Waypoint.

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 15:24
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I'll add reasonable pictures and video of PITFALL and VERTIGO when I get them.

http://youtu.be/W1olYqXTdzs

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 16:20
LegendcalledJim's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 week ago
Joined: 02/13/2009 - 23:00

So ones a Pit remake?

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 16:49 (Reply to #3)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

LegendcalledJim wrote:

So ones a Pit remake?

Yes.

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 16:55
LegendcalledJim's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 week ago
Joined: 02/13/2009 - 23:00

Is the other one a remake as well?

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 16:59 (Reply to #5)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

LegendcalledJim wrote:

Is the other one a remake as well?

If it is a CE map I've never seen, otherwise no.

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 17:25
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Hm.  A Pit remake.  Dammit,t hey got me right in the feels.  

 

On a related note, this remake shoots straight tot he top 5 of maps for the game now.  The other one looks a little big at first glance.

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 17:26 (Reply to #7)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

Hm.  A Pit remake.  Dammit,t hey got me right in the feels.  

 

On a related note, this remake shoots straight tot he top 5 of maps for the game now.  The other one looks a little big at first glance.

RTX panel said Vertigo was smallish asymmetrical. I'll have a vid up soon.

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 17:34
Hoplite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/08/2006 - 23:00

CA just loves them a dark moody map don't they?

sigh.

I'm excited to see how they may have managed to gum it up.

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 17:35
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Vid added above.

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 18:12
Double T's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2009 - 23:00

So basically they want me to pay MORE for DLC though I already paid for shit I DON'T want?  Nice.

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 18:13
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 
Hmm, ever since sprint was introduced, the pit hasn't played the same. I'm wondering if 343 increased the dimensions to account for that. Other map looks interesting and I don't care about the other stuff.
Sat, 07/06/2013 - 18:44 (Reply to #12)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:
Hmm, ever since sprint was introduced, the pit hasn't played the same. I'm wondering if 343 increased the dimensions to account for that. Other map looks interesting and I don't care about the other stuff.

 

No, you're spot on.  That's another reason that Gul's wet dream fantasy of having all the Halo maps (EVAR!!!) available as a massive DLC is a bad idea.  Standard sprint and Armor Abilities fuck everything up.

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 17:48 (Reply to #13)
GUL74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:
Hmm, ever since sprint was introduced, the pit hasn't played the same. I'm wondering if 343 increased the dimensions to account for that. Other map looks interesting and I don't care about the other stuff.

 

No, you're spot on.  That's another reason that Gul's wet dream fantasy of having all the Halo maps (EVAR!!!) available as a massive DLC is a bad idea.  Standard sprint and Armor Abilities fuck everything up.

 

Did I hear you say you prefer customs once or was it someone else? Either way could you not take out the armour abilities ?

 

@Deep can the sprint be taken out of H4 ?

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 17:53 (Reply to #14)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

GUL74 wrote:

@Deep can the sprint be taken out of H4 ?

Not that I know of. I haven't even seen word of modders succeeding at it offline. At least not in the newest gametypes mods online.

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 18:33 (Reply to #15)
GUL74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

GUL74 wrote:

@Deep can the sprint be taken out of H4 ?

Not that I know of. I haven't even seen word of modders succeeding at it offline. At least not in the newest gametypes mods online.

 

it can be disabled . I'm playing around on a forge version of the pit 

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 19:14 (Reply to #16)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

GUL74 wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

GUL74 wrote:

@Deep can the sprint be taken out of H4 ?

Not that I know of. I haven't even seen word of modders succeeding at it offline. At least not in the newest gametypes mods online.

 

it can be disabled . I'm playing around on a forge version of the pit 

News to me. Is that the Gun Game gametype?

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 19:55 (Reply to #17)
GUL74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

GUL74 wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

GUL74 wrote:

@Deep can the sprint be taken out of H4 ?

Not that I know of. I haven't even seen word of modders succeeding at it offline. At least not in the newest gametypes mods online.

 

it can be disabled . I'm playing around on a forge version of the pit 

News to me. Is that the Gun Game gametype?

 

This link can explain better then I can how to set the game type keep in mind I'm using this as an example . Also you can set the armour ability in a drop just remember to disable the player load outs 

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/03/343s-crazy-halo-4-custom-gametype-binary-slayer

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 21:12 (Reply to #18)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

GUL74 wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

GUL74 wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

GUL74 wrote:

@Deep can the sprint be taken out of H4 ?

Not that I know of. I haven't even seen word of modders succeeding at it offline. At least not in the newest gametypes mods online.

 

it can be disabled . I'm playing around on a forge version of the pit 

News to me. Is that the Gun Game gametype?

 

This link can explain better then I can how to set the game type keep in mind I'm using this as an example . Also you can set the armour ability in a drop just remember to disable the player load outs 

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/03/343s-crazy-halo-4-custom-gametype-binary-slayer

You've confused me. I see Sprint in still in that gametype. We use Binary Slayer once in awhile and it has Sprint. Did you mean something else?

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 21:40 (Reply to #19)
GUL74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

GUL74 wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

GUL74 wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

GUL74 wrote:

@Deep can the sprint be taken out of H4 ?

Not that I know of. I haven't even seen word of modders succeeding at it offline. At least not in the newest gametypes mods online.

 

it can be disabled . I'm playing around on a forge version of the pit 

News to me. Is that the Gun Game gametype?

 

 

This link can explain better then I can how to set the game type keep in mind I'm using this as an example . Also you can set the armour ability in a drop just remember to disable the player load outs 

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/03/343s-crazy-halo-4-custom-gametype-binary-slayer

You've confused me. I see Sprint in still in that gametype. We use Binary Slayer once in awhile and it has Sprint. Did you mean something else?

No no I was just using that as an example to show the edit of game types I can show you if your around tomorrow or something 

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 21:49 (Reply to #20)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

GUL74 wrote:

No no I was just using that as an example to show the edit of game types I can show you if your around tomorrow or something 

Do you have a modded gametype that allows Sprint to be disabled? It certainly isn't (to my knowledge) in the default gametypes.

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 19:33
Jockameaux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/26/2013 - 07:07
I will get it but yeah still sucks because the other map packs didn't do much for me. They know we'll spend the $$ though. And ricochet sounds like a similar gametype called bombing run that was in UT2004... which was pretty awesome back then.
Sat, 07/06/2013 - 19:48
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

"Frankie" wrote:
pit can be made "identical" to old pit and will be in some lists. Rooms above are not accessible (wreckage) and playlists will be logical slayer and objective games. Map is not identical in scale for obvious reasons but feels more or less the same
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=68568781&postcount=2815

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 20:36 (Reply to #23)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

"Frankie" wrote:
pit can be made "identical" to old pit and will be in some lists. Rooms above are not accessible (wreckage) and playlists will be logical slayer and objective games. Map is not identical in scale for obvious reasons but feels more or less the same
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=68568781&postcount=2815

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 20:46
Double T's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2009 - 23:00
Sat, 07/06/2013 - 21:02
Shadow's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/10/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

remove jetpack and sprint.

Sat, 07/06/2013 - 21:24
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 57 min ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Looks like the only thing of importance (if you want to call it that) is the Bullseye Pack.  The other two appear to be only fluff and really don't relate to gameplay.

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 06:25
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

After viewing the vids and reading about the maps, I'm not going to purchase upon release for a couple reasons:

1.) The population is already low so the chances of playing the map against randies is slim considering I typically play objective, btb skirmish, and dominion.  

2.) I've played enough remakes of the Pit in Reach and H4 that unless there's something about it that significantly increases its appeal, I'v had my fill.

So it doesn't look good in terms of me spending money on this bundle, unless my 2o2phalo clan makes it mandatory.  

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 14:07 (Reply to #28)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:

After viewing the vids and reading about the maps, I'm not going to purchase upon release for a couple reasons:

1.) The population is already low so the chances of playing the map against randies is slim considering I typically play objective, btb skirmish, and dominion.  

2.) I've played enough remakes of the Pit in Reach and H4 that unless there's something about it that significantly increases its appeal, I'v had my fill.

So it doesn't look good in terms of me spending money on this bundle, unless my 2o2phalo clan makes it mandatory.  

 

This sounds prudent.

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 14:28 (Reply to #29)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

This sounds prudent.

Yeah, but it's The Pit. You like The Pit.

Imagine watching us play on this new version from a capped vid. If you don't own it, that's the only way you'll get to participate. We'll be using all the wrong callouts ands and using poor strategies and you'll just be, you know, watching. ;)

Sun, 07/07/2013 - 22:29 (Reply to #30)
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:

After viewing the vids and reading about the maps, I'm not going to purchase upon release for a couple reasons:

1.) The population is already low so the chances of playing the map against randies is slim considering I typically play objective, btb skirmish, and dominion.  

2.) I've played enough remakes of the Pit in Reach and H4 that unless there's something about it that significantly increases its appeal, I'v had my fill.

So it doesn't look good in terms of me spending money on this bundle, unless my 2o2phalo clan makes it mandatory.  

 

This sounds prudent.

 

It's actually quite sad.  Typically, I gobble up anything halo related, but Halo 4 has disappointed me in so many ways.  

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p