Are there any Halo clans out there?

184 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, 09/18/2013 - 15:30
Vix_Sundown's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 08/07/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Soitanly! Excellent idea :)

Wed, 09/18/2013 - 17:17
AddiCt3d_2CHa0s's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/07/2010 - 23:00

Clan or not, all I know is, I enjoy gaming with a ton of individuals of various Halo skills, but what I personally miss and crave more of is consistent gameplay with a group of regular competitives. If I game regularly with 60 individuals, that cuts down how often I game with the same 10. If I game with the same 10 and we get a team cohesion, we may begin to hop on more regularly at a similar time to keep that enjoyment going. The alternative is a watered-down version of one of the aspects of gaming that I absolutely crave, which is to game with a team that is all on the same page and is more efficient because of time spent together and everyone working together like a lethal machine.

I tried to get a competitive group (I didn't want to call it a clan, because I too have had some bad experiences with clans, and it was open to all regardless of whether or not they were already in a clan) going when Halo 4 first came out, but unfortunately there was very little interest. Most people I knew were already in a clan and even though their members weren't active in Halo they were reluctant to join up. It might be easier to round some people up now that there's even less of their friends playing Halo 4...

I'm totally interested in training with a group. In fact, I'm sort of checking out this thing on Mondays, but will have to see how it goes.

Thu, 09/19/2013 - 14:58 (Reply to #63)
DCHaloJunkies's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/16/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

AddiCt3d_2CHa0s wrote:

Clan or not, all I know is, I enjoy gaming with a ton of individuals of various Halo skills, but what I personally miss and crave more of is consistent gameplay with a group of regular competitives. If I game regularly with 60 individuals, that cuts down how often I game with the same 10. If I game with the same 10 and we get a team cohesion, we may begin to hop on more regularly at a similar time to keep that enjoyment going. The alternative is a watered-down version of one of the aspects of gaming that I absolutely crave, which is to game with a team that is all on the same page and is more efficient because of time spent together and everyone working together like a lethal machine.

I tried to get a competitive group (I didn't want to call it a clan, because I too have had some bad experiences with clans, and it was open to all regardless of whether or not they were already in a clan) going when Halo 4 first came out, but unfortunately there was very little interest. Most people I knew were already in a clan and even though their members weren't active in Halo they were reluctant to join up. It might be easier to round some people up now that there's even less of their friends playing Halo 4...

I'm totally interested in training with a group. In fact, I'm sort of checking out this thing on Mondays, but will have to see how it goes.

If by competitive you mean more of the MLG/Team Throwdown stuff...there used to be a competitive (MLG'ish) 2o2p league back in the day with set teams for an entire season.  I'd love to get that started back up, but there aren't enough players.

The next best thing that came to mind was the 4v4 customs thread.  It'd probably be a smaller group of the same players playing a pretty consistent set of gametypes.  So evolving teamwork and metagame and all that.  I'ts not really a clan, but might be a good starting point to meet other competitive players that'd be interested in loosely teaming.

Anyways we'd welcome you and anyone else that's interested to join us.

Wed, 09/18/2013 - 19:41
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I would like to find a list of regular players, but I'm more inclined to objective games.  Strictly slayer doesn't hold my attention and quickly bores me.  Maybe I have Halo ADHD.

Wed, 09/18/2013 - 19:59 (Reply to #65)
Double T's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2009 - 23:00

How the fuck are you not on my friends' list again? LOL

Wed, 09/18/2013 - 22:02 (Reply to #66)
Vix_Sundown's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 08/07/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Double T wrote:

How the fuck are you not on my friends' list again? LOL

Rectified! I just sent you a FR.

Yeah I think you may even qualify as a friend in real life considering I woke up on the floor at the LAN party with you snoring 3 feet away from me. There's not too many people I can say that about!

Wed, 09/18/2013 - 22:06 (Reply to #67)
Double T's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2009 - 23:00

Vix_Sundown wrote:

Double T wrote:

How the fuck are you not on my friends' list again? LOL

Rectified! I just sent you a FR.

Yeah I think you may even qualify as a friend in real life considering I woke up on the floor at the LAN party with you snoring 3 feet away from me. There's not too many people I can say that about!

 

I started out spooning, but I must've went limp. ZING!!! LOL

Wed, 09/18/2013 - 22:21 (Reply to #68)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Double T wrote:

Vix_Sundown wrote:

Double T wrote:

How the fuck are you not on my friends' list again? LOL

Rectified! I just sent you a FR.

Yeah I think you may even qualify as a friend in real life considering I woke up on the floor at the LAN party with you snoring 3 feet away from me. There's not too many people I can say that about!

 

I started out spooning, but I must've went limp. ZING!!! LOL

Get a room! lol

Thu, 09/19/2013 - 07:32 (Reply to #69)
DarthTabasco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 week ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:

I would like to find a list of regular players, but I'm more inclined to objective games.  Strictly slayer doesn't hold my attention and quickly bores me.  Maybe I have Halo ADHD.

I'm with you on that idea. Slayer is fun, but an objective match between two similarly skilled teams is where things can get really intense. 

Back in the days of H3 when I played in a "casually competitive" league, our closest games were objective - CTF on The Pit or Onslaught and KOTH on Construct come to mind as gametypes there were always hectic and fun. 

Now that I've had kind of a mini-break from H4 (I blame Diablo 3), I think I'm ready for some Halo again. I find a break every now and then is helpful, especially when things get stale. Halo 4 might actually find it's way back in to my disk tray this weekend, but I know my already mediocre skills will be tried as I try to get back into playing.

Thu, 09/19/2013 - 09:14 (Reply to #70)
Vix_Sundown's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 08/07/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DarthTabasco wrote:

OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:

I would like to find a list of regular players, but I'm more inclined to objective games.  Strictly slayer doesn't hold my attention and quickly bores me.  Maybe I have Halo ADHD.

I'm with you on that idea. Slayer is fun, but an objective match between two similarly skilled teams is where things can get really intense. 

Back in the days of H3 when I played in a "casually competitive" league, our closest games were objective - CTF on The Pit or Onslaught and KOTH on Construct come to mind as gametypes there were always hectic and fun. 

Now that I've had kind of a mini-break from H4 (I blame Diablo 3), I think I'm ready for some Halo again. I find a break every now and then is helpful, especially when things get stale. Halo 4 might actually find it's way back in to my disk tray this weekend, but I know my already mediocre skills will be tried as I try to get back into playing.

It's not ADHD. I think Objective game types appeal to people who really like playing as a team. As opposed to random match ups where everyone wants to be a lone wolf.

I've never been very good at callouts, or talking while playing at all. (Other than yelling "crap!" or "fuck!" every now and then.) And I tend to have a difficult time figuring out what my role is on a team, which is probably why I've usually preferred slayer. In slayer, I don't have to worry about being a good teammate. Don't have to think at all, really. Just point and shoot.

So I can see where Objective games might be fun if you had a fully functional team. And I can also see why the people who prefer that game type are probably turned off by Halo 4. With all the load out customization and random ordinance drops, it's basically encouraging lone-wolf-style behavior.

BTW - Diablo 3... Is it good? I've got a friend pressuring me to buy that and play it with him. It's gotten excellent reviews, but I've still been reluctant to pull the trigger. Dark Souls 2 comes out in Dec. I can not wait! That game's gonna be THE BOMB!!!

Thu, 09/19/2013 - 10:40 (Reply to #71)
DarthTabasco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 week ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Vix_Sundown wrote:

...It's not ADHD. I think Objective game types appeal to people who really like playing as a team. As opposed to random match ups where everyone wants to be a lone wolf.

I've never been very good at callouts, or talking while playing at all. (Other than yelling "crap!" or "fuck!" every now and then.) And I tend to have a difficult time figuring out what my role is on a team, which is probably why I've usually preferred slayer. In slayer, I don't have to worry about being a good teammate. Don't have to think at all, really. Just point and shoot.

So I can see where Objective games might be fun if you had a fully functional team. And I can also see why the people who prefer that game type are probably turned off by Halo 4. With all the load out customization and random ordinance drops, it's basically encouraging lone-wolf-style behavior.

BTW - Diablo 3... Is it good? I've got a friend pressuring me to buy that and play it with him. It's gotten excellent reviews, but I've still been reluctant to pull the trigger. Dark Souls 2 comes out in Dec. I can not wait! That game's gonna be THE BOMB!!!

I do agree that Objective games do take more team work and communication - at least as far as trying to "lone wolf" things. Finding your role is important, I'm certainly more of a support/objective runner type. 

Objective in H4 is fun for the most part. There are some challenges, but heaven forbid I mention anything negative about the game as this will cause an influx of "you competitive people need to STFU" comments...lol Even though I'm far from competitive in mindset and skill. I still enjoy objective though, but it seems the vast majority of peeps prefer to play slayer.

As far as Diablo 3. I don't want to get this topic sidetracked too much. Overall I LOVE IT! However, I've been waiting on Diablo for consoles since having finished the other games years ago on PC. There is a Diablo forum here on 2o2p, it's pretty slow but a few of us do converse. You can PM me if you want to know more and there is also a D3 demo that is out now if you want to give it a go.

Fri, 09/20/2013 - 01:48 (Reply to #72)
AddiCt3d_2CHa0s's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/07/2010 - 23:00

OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:

I would like to find a list of regular players, but I'm more inclined to objective games.  Strictly slayer doesn't hold my attention and quickly bores me.  Maybe I have Halo ADHD.

LOVE objective, and same: slayer gets boring.

@DCHaloJunkies, I prefer matchmaking to playing the same people over and over, and I've grown accustomed to Infinity Slayer and the War Games settings. My best-case scenario is to work with a group of moderate to highly competant team players against the WORLD!! lol. At least a couple times a week. It's frustrating to lose matches only because people are running around every which direction, once you know what it's like working with a team. I don't care if it's small team or big team, I just miss team.

Jim, what exactly are you looking for? What's your best-case scenario?

Thu, 09/19/2013 - 05:44
Vix_Sundown's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 08/07/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

He's only joking, of course. There was no sexual activity at the LAN whatsoever. Other than the orgy.

Thu, 09/19/2013 - 21:03
LegendcalledJim's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 week ago
Joined: 02/13/2009 - 23:00

I think if your going to enjoy Halo 4 for the next year you better be open to anything. I love objective, but anymore I'm play anything just to keep some Halo friends.

Fri, 09/20/2013 - 00:58
wamam87's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 11/05/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

my dvd drive is dead, so the only thing i can play is H3 social slayer...

Tue, 09/24/2013 - 07:03 (Reply to #76)
Vix_Sundown's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 08/07/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

wamam87 wrote:

my dvd drive is dead, so the only thing i can play is H3 social slayer...

Might be time to spring for a new Xbox then, Wamster? Or maybe H4 can be bought as a download.

When XB1 comes out, the price on an old Xbox may drop. I read that MS still intends to keep selling 360's for 3 more years.

Fri, 09/20/2013 - 13:34
zombiekitten's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 07/10/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I miss being on a team. 

Sat, 09/21/2013 - 09:32 (Reply to #78)
BigBadMike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/27/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

zombiekitten wrote:

I miss being on a team. 

So I never deleted Halo 4 to make room for GTAV.  instead I gave COD and it's 11gig of DLC the chop.

So count me in for the TEAM! provided I don't get kicked form XBL every three minutes.

Sat, 09/21/2013 - 09:51 (Reply to #79)
zombiekitten's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 07/10/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

BigBadMike wrote:

zombiekitten wrote:

I miss being on a team. 

So I never deleted Halo 4 to make room for GTAV.  instead I gave COD and it's 11gig of DLC the chop.

So count me in for the TEAM! provided I don't get kicked form XBL every three minutes.

TEAM! TEAM!! TEAM!! :D

Sat, 09/21/2013 - 16:35 (Reply to #80)
pontiff's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/12/2011 - 23:00

zombiekitten wrote:

BigBadMike wrote:

zombiekitten wrote:

I miss being on a team. 

So I never deleted Halo 4 to make room for GTAV.  instead I gave COD and it's 11gig of DLC the chop.

So count me in for the TEAM! provided I don't get kicked form XBL every three minutes.

TEAM! TEAM!! TEAM!! :D

Plus we discovered we can spam invite quad into playing. ;)

Sat, 09/21/2013 - 10:41 (Reply to #81)
Vix_Sundown's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 08/07/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

BigBadMike wrote:

zombiekitten wrote:

I miss being on a team. 

So I never deleted Halo 4 to make room for GTAV.  instead I gave COD and it's 11gig of DLC the chop.

So count me in for the TEAM! provided I don't get kicked form XBL every three minutes.

11 gigs of DLC? Ay yi yi...

Last night's Halo 4 games were pretty awesome. Especially at the point where the whole team decided "screw the objectives", and focused only on killing Medic and Laser. Now that's teamwork!

Sorry we missed you...

 

Tue, 09/24/2013 - 14:04 (Reply to #82)
Shadow's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/10/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Vix_Sundown wrote:

BigBadMike wrote:

zombiekitten wrote:

I miss being on a team. 

So I never deleted Halo 4 to make room for GTAV.  instead I gave COD and it's 11gig of DLC the chop.

So count me in for the TEAM! provided I don't get kicked form XBL every three minutes.

11 gigs of DLC? Ay yi yi...

Last night's Halo 4 games were pretty awesome. Especially at the point where the whole team decided "screw the objectives", and focused only on killing Medic and Laser. Now that's teamwork!

Sorry we missed you...

 

 

BF3 is like 20GB.  it's insane.

Fri, 09/20/2013 - 15:26
LegendcalledJim's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 week ago
Joined: 02/13/2009 - 23:00

Addicted, right now I would just like to keep some people who enjoy Halo together. I would like to remain part of this site since most of my friends are here. I have no big plan but to play Halo til Halo5 drops.

Fri, 09/20/2013 - 17:03 (Reply to #84)
AddiCt3d_2CHa0s's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/07/2010 - 23:00

LegendcalledJim wrote:

Addicted, right now I would just like to keep some people who enjoy Halo together. I would like to remain part of this site since most of my friends are here. I have no big plan but to play Halo til Halo5 drops.

Well I hope you know you've always been welcome in my parties, except for back when I was in that one group that didn't want any skilled players around. << I don't blame them, because it's true that when we brought more skilled players in it brought more skilled opponents, and then it made it harder for them to enjoy gaming, but it was unfortunate because it ostracized friends I really enjoy gaming with, like you and Yukon.

But I haven't been a part of that group in a long time, and so we should totally start kicking ass on a regular basis again ;) I miss having you as a regular in the pack!

Fri, 09/20/2013 - 17:38 (Reply to #85)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

AddiCt3d_2CHa0s wrote:

LegendcalledJim wrote:

Addicted, right now I would just like to keep some people who enjoy Halo together. I would like to remain part of this site since most of my friends are here. I have no big plan but to play Halo til Halo5 drops.

Well I hope you know you've always been welcome in my parties, except for back when I was in that one group that didn't want any skilled players around. << I don't blame them, because it's true that when we brought more skilled players in it brought more skilled opponents, and then it made it harder for them to enjoy gaming, but it was unfortunate because it ostracized friends I really enjoy gaming with, like you and Yukon.

But I haven't been a part of that group in a long time, and so we should totally start kicking ass on a regular basis again ;) I miss having you as a regular in the pack!

 

Holy shit.  I totally misread "parties" as "panties."  Carry on.

Fri, 09/20/2013 - 18:19
zombiekitten's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 07/10/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Lmao Dixon

Sat, 09/21/2013 - 18:54
zombiekitten's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 07/10/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

@ Vix and Pontiff exactly :D

Sun, 09/22/2013 - 19:02
FreeRadikal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/22/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

So why then was Vix so happy to join our customs on Friday...anyways I think GTA is killing Halo. If you want to play halo a lot and you refuse to buy GTA, just FR me I want to play Halo any type anywhere...oh yeah and Jim wants to be a prostitute so let all your large gay friends know he's open for business...all seriousness aside I'll be on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for Halo...no hookers...no killing innocent people...just plan old Halo Self Defense.

Sun, 09/22/2013 - 21:07 (Reply to #89)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

FreeRadikal wrote:

So why then was Vix so happy to join our customs on Friday...anyways I think GTA is killing Halo. If you want to play halo a lot and you refuse to buy GTA, just FR me I want to play Halo any type anywhere...oh yeah and Jim wants to be a prostitute so let all your large gay friends know he's open for business...all seriousness aside I'll be on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for Halo...no hookers...no killing innocent people...just plan old Halo Self Defense.

Normally I'd say GTA's effect on any Halo title was limited to 2-4 weeks. Considering the huge world in V, I'm thinking that unless it turns into boring porridge the affective window could be larger.

Mon, 09/23/2013 - 10:11 (Reply to #90)
DarthTabasco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 week ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

Normally I'd say GTA's effect on any Halo title was limited to 2-4 weeks. Considering the huge world in V, I'm thinking that unless it turns into boring porridge the affective window could be larger.

Well, I actually played some Halo yesterday afternoon. First time really playing since the Champions map pack came out, so it's been roughly a month. 

I was surprised at how hard the population has been hit. In round numbers, around 800 in Infinity Slayer, 1800 in Richochet and 8500 in Big Team. 

I'm sure GTA V has made an impact, as I do see people that I've normally played Halo with are playing GTA V. However, these are scary low considering COD Ghosts and BF4 and new console launches are right around the corner. 

Personally, I don't plan on getting Ghosts or BF4, so I'll proably still be playing Halo occasionally for my FPS needs, but who will be left playing after Titanfall hits in the Spring? 

Oh and this other little game called Destiny is coming too in 2014.

I would think that after the first of the year, we'll start hearing more about Halo on XB1 - whether that be Halo 5 or something different. However, 343 is going to have to throw us a bone to keep us interested. Otherwise, Halo may go the way of being a "niche market" game - if it's not there already. 

Disclaimer: Not trying to be negative, just trying to have a real conversation.

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p