Peyton to be cut

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, 03/06/2012 - 19:51
T3muJin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 4 months ago
Joined: 03/31/2005 - 23:00

Peyton to be cut

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-peyton-manning-cut-colts-wednesday-231935941.html

 

 

wow, tough decision by the Colts.  Will my Vikings go after another vet QB?

Tue, 03/06/2012 - 19:53
Matt Likes Beer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/17/2011 - 23:00

Lol damn you I must have made made the same topic as you were making this one but you were a bit faster. Nicely done sir!

Wed, 03/07/2012 - 20:21 (Reply to #2)
T3muJin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 4 months ago
Joined: 03/31/2005 - 23:00

Mjp2519 wrote:

Lol damn you I must have made made the same topic as you were making this one but you were a bit faster. Nicely done sir!

 

all posts were gone yesterday, so this one just came back when doodi fixed it.

Wed, 03/07/2012 - 10:10
wamam87's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 11/05/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

who would have thought this a year ago. that is just crazy.

 

if he's ready to play, someone will pick him up. but yeah, if he doesn't play this season, that could spell disaster.

Wed, 03/07/2012 - 10:22
ekattan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 05/27/2005 - 23:00

So who do you think will pick him up? 

 

My bet is Miami. 

Wed, 03/07/2012 - 15:39
newtizzle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 18 hours ago
Joined: 02/04/2007 - 23:00

T3muJin wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-peyton-manning-cut-colts-wednesday-231935941.html

 

 

wow, tough decision by the Colts.  Will my Vikings go after another vet QB?

 

I hope we do. We can pick up Kalil, a solid corner and a safety and maybe get a decent veteran reciever. we would be pretty well off.

Sat, 03/10/2012 - 10:47
FadeIntoBlack's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 03/23/2005 - 23:00

The Colts dumped quite a few players yesterday.  I suspect whoever ends up with Peyton will get a cheap Dallas Clark to go with it, and if rumors are true, maybe a still decent vet in Wayne.  Could be a nice combo in Miami or KC or even Denver.

 

Jets respond by signing Sanchez for a bunch more year for a bunch more millions...

Sat, 03/10/2012 - 12:49
LocGaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 08/19/2006 - 23:00

I just saw that.

Sat, 03/10/2012 - 22:49
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I lol'd at the Jets extending Sanchez's contract.  

Tue, 03/13/2012 - 23:52
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Yep, it appears it's Miami.

Thu, 03/15/2012 - 21:53
Matt Likes Beer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/17/2011 - 23:00

or tennesse

Thu, 03/15/2012 - 23:09 (Reply to #11)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Mjp2519 wrote:

or tennesse

 

Yeah, it's looking kind of interesting here now.  I thought Miami was a shoo-in for Wayne when they traded away Marshall, but after he resigned with Indianapolis, I've got no clue anymore. 

 

Actually, I do have a clue: we'll probably both be wrong.

Sat, 03/17/2012 - 11:07 (Reply to #12)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

Mjp2519 wrote:

or tennesse

 

Yeah, it's looking kind of interesting here now.  I thought Miami was a shoo-in for Wayne when they traded away Marshall, but after he resigned with Indianapolis, I've got no clue anymore. 

 

Actually, I do have a clue: we'll probably both be wrong.

 

If we both agree on it, there's no way it can happen.

 

So, yes.  Denver.

Sat, 03/17/2012 - 12:23 (Reply to #13)
BigFish's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/15/2009 - 23:00

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

Mjp2519 wrote:

or tennesse

 

Yeah, it's looking kind of interesting here now.  I thought Miami was a shoo-in for Wayne when they traded away Marshall, but after he resigned with Indianapolis, I've got no clue anymore. 

 

Actually, I do have a clue: we'll probably both be wrong.

 

If we both agree on it, there's no way it can happen.

 

So, yes.  Denver.

 

Best chance for him to win another championship will not be in Denver. Niners came in all ninja like, and I think there is a huge possibility he signs there. 

Sat, 03/17/2012 - 12:47 (Reply to #14)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

BigFish wrote:

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

Mjp2519 wrote:

or tennesse

 

Yeah, it's looking kind of interesting here now.  I thought Miami was a shoo-in for Wayne when they traded away Marshall, but after he resigned with Indianapolis, I've got no clue anymore. 

 

Actually, I do have a clue: we'll probably both be wrong.

 

If we both agree on it, there's no way it can happen.

 

So, yes.  Denver.

 

Best chance for him to win another championship will not be in Denver. Niners came in all ninja like, and I think there is a huge possibility he signs there. 

 

I think that's going to come down to Randy Moss and Jim Harbaugh.  I can't see Coach handing control of his offense over to Peyton, necessarily.  No, I think San Fransisco is a possibility, but I don't see it as a likely outcome.

Sat, 03/17/2012 - 10:37
Matt Likes Beer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/17/2011 - 23:00

Yea the longer it goes on the more I think its gonna be Denver.

Mon, 03/19/2012 - 08:23
Matt Likes Beer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/17/2011 - 23:00

Now I hear that Smith is in talks with Miami. If thats the case then you really gotta consider SanFran as a final destination for manning. Plus they just signed Manningham. That team is looking scary good for next year, especially since their division isnt exactly strong.

Mon, 03/19/2012 - 11:31
YEM's picture
YEM
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 months ago
Joined: 06/21/2006 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd he's a Bronco 

Mon, 03/19/2012 - 14:07
Matt Likes Beer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/17/2011 - 23:00

Good for Denver, Thats a quality move for them as long as Manning stays healthy. Sorry to all the Tebow fanboys out there but Timothy was not the answer. 

Mon, 03/19/2012 - 16:59 (Reply to #19)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Mjp2519 wrote:

Good for Denver, Thats a quality move for them as long as Manning stays healthy. Sorry to all the Tebow fanboys out there but Timothy was not the answer. 

 

Hell yeah that's a big time move upwards, assuming he stays healthy.

Mon, 03/19/2012 - 17:57
Blimey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Thinking of all those Bronco fans that just bought Tebow jerseys etc......wink

Tue, 03/20/2012 - 03:10
buckeye75's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 6 months ago
Joined: 02/22/2008 - 23:00

Tue, 03/20/2012 - 07:44
Brophog's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 8 months ago
Joined: 11/08/2011 - 00:00

Elway got the break of a lifetime. Not many players could have been called in to get them out of the noose that was the PR surrounding Tebow.

Tebow has to go now. As much as this move was to bring in an all-time great QB, it's also to get them out of that mess and still save face. I don't think Denver will see it as the worst possible situation if Peyton can't produce. They'll give Tebow away to the 500th caller if they must, but there is no way Elway lets Tebow hang around. He's not going to get another shot to get out from under that albatross. As much as they tried to play the PR game during the last part of the season, Fox and Elway never had a real desire to see Tebow hang around. They were trying to get the best they could out of a situation simply because they had few other choices.

It will be interesting to see who does want Tebow and for what reasons. I'm also interested to see how Tebow bounces back from all of this. He was, to put it bluntly, lied to. Now, that's the NFL way and a harsh reality of that business, but lots of players don't come back the same after that realization. Some use it as motivation, and others wilt.

Tue, 03/20/2012 - 08:11
Matt Likes Beer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/17/2011 - 23:00

The funny thing is Tebows super popularity is working against him. Why would another team want to bring him in if they KNOW its just gonna cause problems with the starting QB of the team. Every time a pick is thrown or a game is lost or a sack is taken Tebows name will be out there along with the what if question. I feel bad for the kid because he actually seems like a pretty decent guy who tries to do things the right way, its just the so called "Tebowmaniacs" and the media that are hurting him. I honestly hope he finds a team and gets his chance.

Wed, 03/21/2012 - 14:11
T3muJin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 4 months ago
Joined: 03/31/2005 - 23:00

Tebow traded to the Jets

Wed, 03/21/2012 - 14:34 (Reply to #25)
YEM's picture
YEM
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 months ago
Joined: 06/21/2006 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

T3muJin wrote:

Tebow traded to the Jets

 

Trade hit a snag and could be nulified. If trade falls through, Rams could be his new team

Wed, 03/21/2012 - 20:45 (Reply to #26)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

YEM wrote:

T3muJin wrote:

Tebow traded to the Jets

 

Trade hit a snag and could be nulified. If trade falls through, Rams could be his new team

 

Nope.  To the Jets with you, Mr. Tebow.  He's pretty low on the depth chart there right now, too.  Sanchez, Stanton, the rookie they have from Alabama, and now Tebow.

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p