Spartan Ops. How much would you pay?

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, 12/06/2012 - 06:32
Matt Likes Beer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 01/17/2011 - 23:00

Spartan Ops. How much would you pay?

Ive really enjoyed playing through the Spartan Ops and watching the videos. I was wondering what everyone would be willing to pay, if anything at all, for the 2nd season and on. Would 800mp be to much for another 5 week season? What about 400mp? 

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 07:29
Double T's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2009 - 23:00

I'm not giving them another cent. :)

 

I already paid 85 bucks for the disc and supposedly all of the DLC.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 08:12
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

800 Live points for sure. A few months after SpOps Season 1 is over, we'll be begging for more Halo CGI and missions to go with them.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 08:59
KamakazeTaco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 01/30/2009 - 23:00

Maybe 400 points for another season. Spartan ops is kinda neat but it's not like the story is actually good and it's just more shooting bullet sponges.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 09:12
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

lol no.  especially since they recycle most of the maps, only instead of running from point A->B, you go from B->A.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 09:56
Gatsu's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/21/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Not a dime. If they put the next season in a DLC pack with a revamped Firefight mode....I'd bite. But not on its own.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 10:06
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I think some people should look at this week's bulletin. 97

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 10:54
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

That's a lot of information to digest.  If I read the Spartan Ops portion correctly, we will have a "best of" next week followed by selected episodes for the Infinity challenge (need to put together foursomes for that), then on to next set of episodes for Season 1.  Big woop. 

Spartan Ops is ok, but for me personally, I can go back into the campaign and start working on Mythic campaign runs -- hopefully campaign theater will arrive someday so us Mythic types can prove a run.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 18:59
w0rm's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 11/13/2009 - 23:00

Crimson, Crimson, CRIMSON!

I wouldn't buy it.  I find SpOps incredibly boring and uninspired.  It makes me miss shooting endless hordes of grunts on Corvette.

Thu, 12/06/2012 - 20:45
Lou_Keymia's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 07/14/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 
I would spend 400 points on another season. I enjoy this mode much better than Firefight.
Fri, 12/07/2012 - 00:02
Thom293's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 09/09/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I'd buy it. I really like SO.

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 07:15
Matt Likes Beer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 01/17/2011 - 23:00

If they were to give us 10 new episodes for season 2 then I wouldnt have any problem paying 800mp for it. 

I dont know how many of you use Bing Rewards but its no problem at all to rack up at least 400 Microsoft points in a month. I cant even tell you the last time I paid for any MPs I get them all from bing rewards. Its how I bought the Crimson map pack and all of the walking dead games.

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 07:34 (Reply to #12)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Matt Likes Beer wrote:

If they were to give us 10 new episodes for season 2 then I wouldnt have any problem paying 800mp for it. 

I dont know how many of you use Bing Rewards but its no problem at all to rack up at least 400 Microsoft points in a month. I cant even tell you the last time I paid for any MPs I get them all from bing rewards. Its how I bought the Crimson map pack and all of the walking dead games.

Looks into Bing rewards. :)

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 07:37 (Reply to #13)
buckeye75's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 4 months ago
Joined: 02/22/2008 - 23:00

DEEP_NNN wrote:

Matt Likes Beer wrote:

If they were to give us 10 new episodes for season 2 then I wouldnt have any problem paying 800mp for it. 

I dont know how many of you use Bing Rewards but its no problem at all to rack up at least 400 Microsoft points in a month. I cant even tell you the last time I paid for any MPs I get them all from bing rewards. Its how I bought the Crimson map pack and all of the walking dead games.

Looks into Bing rewards. :)

 

I've made $33 to use on XBL Marketplace so far.

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 07:45
YEM's picture
YEM
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 4 days ago
Joined: 06/21/2006 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Bing points is where it's at! Can't beat getting MS points, 1 month live codes, or amazon gift cards just for using a search engine 5 miuntes a day

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 07:54 (Reply to #15)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

YEM wrote:

Bing points is where it's at! Can't beat getting MS points, 1 month live codes, or amazon gift cards just for using a search engine 5 miuntes a day

WTF! I use Bing all the time and I didn't know I could get paid for it. :(

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 10:48 (Reply to #16)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

YEM wrote:

Bing points is where it's at! Can't beat getting MS points, 1 month live codes, or amazon gift cards just for using a search engine 5 miuntes a day

WTF! I use Bing all the time and I didn't know I could get paid for it. :(

No BING rewards in Canada. :(

I do get a few XBLive rewards once in awhile.

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 12:35 (Reply to #17)
Matt Likes Beer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 01/17/2011 - 23:00

DEEP_NNN wrote:

No BING rewards in Canada. :(

I do get a few XBLive rewards once in awhile.

 

Wow, that sucks. It really is a great program.

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 07:52
DarthTabasco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Well, if you want to rank up Spartan Ops it the way to go. If you use Spartan Ops matchmaking, you'll get close to 6000 exp, twice the amount from using the non-MM Spartan Ops. I just discovered this when a friend told me about it.

Crazy you get more from this than War Games. 

Oh, as for paying for more, I might be willing, but not much seeing how it feels so recycled. 

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 10:28
BCyclops's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 months ago
Joined: 11/22/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I like Spartan Ops, but I probably wouldn't pay for a new season. They would need to add some new maps instead of just recycling old ones to get me interested in it.

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 14:17
IamDank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 10/24/2007 - 23:00

I like it a lot more than Firefight but they do need to mix up the locations. For an entire planet worth of locales, its sad to keep going back to the same 5-6 locations.

Sat, 12/08/2012 - 23:41
Matt Likes Beer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 01/17/2011 - 23:00

I just finished the Last Mission Solo Legendary today. Any idea how many more episodes will be included in Season1? I would think that Season 2 would have different locations for their missions, it would be pretty crappy if they didnt and that might make me reconsider purchasing it. You can always you tube the movie parts.

Sun, 12/09/2012 - 07:03 (Reply to #22)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Matt Likes Beer wrote:

I just finished the Last Mission Solo Legendary today. Any idea how many more episodes will be included in Season1? I would think that Season 2 would have different locations for their missions, it would be pretty crappy if they didnt and that might make me reconsider purchasing it. You can always you tube the movie parts.

Season 1 restarts in late January and includes five episodes with new locations. There was an interesting picture floating around that showed a scene with some kind of gigantic bug or Scarab. It wasn't anything I saw in game. Season 2 is a complete question mark. Depends on player interest. There is an extended Ad for the next section of season 1 due out today I think.

Sun, 12/09/2012 - 09:53
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Thanks Deep.  I was wondering a bit about that myself.  I think that info was buried somewhere in the Infinity challenge stuff.

Sun, 12/09/2012 - 15:40
Lou_Keymia's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 07/14/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 
Rumor has it the picture is of a Precursor, not a Scarab. Time will tell.
Mon, 12/10/2012 - 14:14
Matt Likes Beer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 01/17/2011 - 23:00

10 episodes! Thats sweet. Im guessing that Season 2 would cost 600-800 Microsoft Points. Id gladly spend it.

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p