Over Age 50 Raids

62 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mon, 10/20/2014 - 11:28
Blue_Stiehl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 08/18/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Damn! RL got in the way of participating this weekend. Hopefully I will be free when you try again.

Mon, 10/20/2014 - 15:00
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

Thanks for the clarification, Chaos. Looking forward to the discussion.

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 07:26
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Raid start tonight?

XB1.

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 10:06 (Reply to #34)
Blue_Stiehl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 08/18/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

Raid start tonight?

XB1.

What time?

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 10:36
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I'm game.

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 11:01
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Setup at 9 Eastern. End for me at 11 unless an a goal is imminent.

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 21:16 (Reply to #37)
BLAMnation's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 08/31/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

Setup at 9 Eastern. End for me at 11 unless an a goal is imminent.

 

awwww man I missed out ...

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 22:07 (Reply to #38)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Edmo wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

Setup at 9 Eastern. End for me at 11 unless an a goal is imminent.

 

awwww man I missed out ...

I'll try to be on Fri night. We got the first gate open. Two non-50 friends helped. I saw you but we were already full.

Thu, 10/23/2014 - 09:05 (Reply to #39)
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

Edmo wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

Setup at 9 Eastern. End for me at 11 unless an a goal is imminent.

 

awwww man I missed out ...

I'll try to be on Fri night. We got the first gate open. Two non-50 friends helped. I saw you but we were already full.

All is not lost, Edmo: if Deep is leader on Friday, you will come in on his checkpoint. You'll miss some early checkpoint rewards, but still pick up others. In the 360 Chaos Raid group, we've had a different mix each night.

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 13:53
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

9 it is.
 

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 14:40
doorgunnerjgs's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I'll try to make it! Level 27 Hunter.
 

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 15:23
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

In progress on Raid started by Chaos on XB360 last night (10-21-14) and we finally got the tower built and the gate open. Kill minotaurs early and often. There may only be four, so if your area is clear of them, you can help your friends out by sniping at their respective bases (I was too pre-occupied to do that, myself, but really appreciated the help from those that did).

Seems like if you at keep least 2 bases in your control, the tower will continue to build.

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 15:40
CTRChaosQc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 09/22/2010 - 23:00

Yes, that was quite fun, but the Next Level will be in different sub levels,…. Protect the center tower, then when that disappears have to protect the Left and Right Towner, make sure you don’t get touched by the Green Badies,… LOL or you die unless you take a turn you know where to get the cure. And then when the tower part is over you get many more of those enemies going for you and then all while one player picks up the shield relic, charges it, and uses it to fire a blast that temporarily brings down the boss's shield so the rest of us can shoot him down. Can wait, see you tonight.

Wed, 10/22/2014 - 18:49
Blue_Stiehl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 08/18/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Grandkids stopped by. Don't think I will be able to make it tonight. :(

 

Thu, 10/23/2014 - 09:33
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

We just got inside the gate last night, so not much will be missed.

Thu, 10/23/2014 - 09:45
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

At the risk of speaking for Chaos, but wanting to get this out ASAP: XBox 360 Raid Group, led by ChaosQC, continues tonight (over-50 not required), beginning at 10pm ET sharp. Come 10-15 minutes early! Based on last night's experience, "veterans" from yesterday and Tuesday will get preference (level 26 and over a must, now that we're inside), but if group is too small once 10:00 hits, the invites will be going out to anyone available. Once the group is full, raid will resume (post-oracles. Starting direct attack on Templar). If you're bi-console, feel free to work with us tonight and share your valuable experience in Deep's XB1 group tomorrow. Also: warlocks with short ability respawn times encouraged to apply. Finally: its rough in there! 

Thu, 10/23/2014 - 10:52
doorgunnerjgs's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

It was fun last night with Deep, et al but I fear my level 27 Hunter is not much help (that and my lack of skills). Will try to rank up and/or improve armament before tomorrow. But will bow out if better player needs my spot.

Thu, 10/23/2014 - 11:08 (Reply to #48)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

doorgunnerjgs wrote:

It was fun last night with Deep, et al but I fear my level 27 Hunter is not much help (that and my lack of skills). Will try to rank up and/or improve armament before tomorrow. But will bow out if better player needs my spot.

We may not be strong enough yet but we'll get there. I'm still working on weapons too. smiley

Thu, 10/23/2014 - 12:26 (Reply to #49)
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

doorgunnerjgs wrote:

It was fun last night with Deep, et al but I fear my level 27 Hunter is not much help (that and my lack of skills). Will try to rank up and/or improve armament before tomorrow. But will bow out if better player needs my spot.

We may not be strong enough yet but we'll get there. I'm still working on weapons too. smiley

Level 27 is fine. I'm level 27 and only one of my weapons is less than 50 points from the preferred 300. I may be working on upgrades myself tonight (and regrettably forgoing Halo) if I'm on before the 360 raid.

I mispoke about needing a Warlock: I guess anyone who holds the shield relic can send a bolt to knock down the Templar's shields. Fast ability respawn is still important, however. Check your ability upgrade choices if you're the shield relic holder to make sure yours are weighted toward fast respawn. Judging from last night's experience, having good aim is helpful as well.

Thu, 10/23/2014 - 17:28 (Reply to #50)
BLAMnation's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 08/31/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 
Duke12 wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

doorgunnerjgs wrote:

It was fun last night with Deep, et al but I fear my level 27 Hunter is not much help (that and my lack of skills). Will try to rank up and/or improve armament before tomorrow. But will bow out if better player needs my spot.

We may not be strong enough yet but we'll get there. I'm still working on weapons too. smiley

Level 27 is fine. I'm level 27 and only one of my weapons is less than 50 points from the preferred 300. I may be working on upgrades myself tonight (and regrettably forgoing Halo) if I'm on before the 360 raid.

I mispoke about needing a Warlock: I guess anyone who holds the shield relic can send a bolt to knock down the Templar's shields. Fast ability respawn is still important, however. Check your ability upgrade choices if you're the shield relic holder to make sure yours are weighted toward fast respawn. Judging from last night's experience, having good aim is helpful as well.

If you're not full at 10:00 count me in. Finally got my hands on some legendary weapons and am leveling them up.
Thu, 10/23/2014 - 22:28 (Reply to #51)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Edmo wrote:
Duke12 wrote:

DEEP_NNN wrote:

doorgunnerjgs wrote:

It was fun last night with Deep, et al but I fear my level 27 Hunter is not much help (that and my lack of skills). Will try to rank up and/or improve armament before tomorrow. But will bow out if better player needs my spot.

We may not be strong enough yet but we'll get there. I'm still working on weapons too. smiley

Level 27 is fine. I'm level 27 and only one of my weapons is less than 50 points from the preferred 300. I may be working on upgrades myself tonight (and regrettably forgoing Halo) if I'm on before the 360 raid.

I mispoke about needing a Warlock: I guess anyone who holds the shield relic can send a bolt to knock down the Templar's shields. Fast ability respawn is still important, however. Check your ability upgrade choices if you're the shield relic holder to make sure yours are weighted toward fast respawn. Judging from last night's experience, having good aim is helpful as well.

If you're not full at 10:00 count me in. Finally got my hands on some legendary weapons and am leveling them up.
10 Eeastern?

Fri, 10/24/2014 - 15:03
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

XB360 Raid Group update: 10/23 session ended after 2 hours at the same checkpoint where it began: we didn't make it past the Templar boss. So, the 360 Group is taking a hiatus for a day or two.

Frankly, I'm a bit glassed out, but will be on XB1 tonight (unless neighbors are over for World Series), patrolling, bountying, and weapon/armor upgrading (no weapons at 300 yet), so will be available for XB1 over-50 raid group if invited to fill an as yet unfilled slot.

Lessons learned from Templar section: fully upgraded (300 level) legendary or exotic weapons are a must for doing any damage to the Templar. I never saw its health bar, but I don't think we got anywhere near to even 50%. Relic holder has a busy job: healing infected players plus using the relic to take the templar's shields down once special ability is fully charged.

Optimal procedure for killing Templar:

  • Full ability charged relic holder shoots a bolt from relic into Templar knocking its shields down.
  • All other players immediately and simultaneously shoot special or heavy weapons into Templar.
  • Repeat.

 

Problem:

Once Templar's shields are down, it often surrounds the players with temporary force field barriers. These must then be brought down by melee or rifle, since accidently firing a rocket launcher into one of these is instant suicide. By the time the barriers are down, Templar's shields are recharging.

Possible solution:

Begin launching weapons at the exact moment the relic bolt strikes the shields or even an instant before (so the Templar has no time to generate the barriers). Relic holder may have to call out a one syllable command once the bolt is fired to ensure an immediate and synchronised barrage. Waiting to see if the bolt actually hits Templar loses precious time.

Problem:

The usual constant barrage of enemies, starting with Harpies and graduating to void-shield Minotaurs; plus those pesky yellow oracles.

Possible solution:

Delegate one or two players, possibly those with under 300 level weapons, to focus exclusively on enemies. These players will not be part of the Templar barrage (revise strategy if Templar's health lowering at a snails pace). Rest of the players can focus on Templar and keep their special and heavy weapons at the ready.

Reminder: if infected (you'll know: you'll be green), IMMEDIATELY head straight to the relic holder for cleansing.

Full Spoiler Templar instructions here (just found this and haven't read it fully as yet):

http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/21/destiny-guide-how-to-beat-atheon-and-tem...

Fri, 10/24/2014 - 17:16
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I plan to be on at 9 Eastern. Trying to have all over 50 peeps. At least 4.

Will start a VoG run as late as 10 but I'm done at 11 unless success is imminent.

If not enough are available then we'll find some other trouble to get into.smiley

 

Fri, 10/24/2014 - 19:41
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Live is not letting me on yet. Support has bulletins to that effect.sad

Fri, 10/24/2014 - 22:22
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

It was a great evening and all over 50.

A little more weapon upgrades and we'll probably have it.

Fri, 10/24/2014 - 22:58
doorgunnerjgs's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Had a gas tonight, much fun but no rewards. Even with my mediocre skills, level, and and weapons helped the overall cause, I think. Thanks for a great night.

Sat, 10/25/2014 - 10:29
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Things to do today -- upgrade, upgrade, upgrade!  Lots of fun last night.  Note to self -- never go AFK.  You never know what the others will do whilst you are away LOL!

Sat, 10/25/2014 - 10:53 (Reply to #58)
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

What Achy said. The upgrade part, I mean. I know better than to go AFK (might end up unrevivable at the bottom of a cliff somewhere -- although I'm also good at doing that while ingame ... )

 

OldnAchy wrote:

Things to do today -- upgrade, upgrade, upgrade!  Lots of fun last night.  Note to self -- never go AFK.  You never know what the others will do whilst you are away LOL!

Mon, 10/27/2014 - 13:25
doorgunnerjgs's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

So, you guys get anywhere without me holding you back this weekend?

Mon, 10/27/2014 - 16:29 (Reply to #60)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

doorgunnerjgs wrote:

So, you guys get anywhere without me holding you back this weekend?

I think a few, including me, got some time in other Raids.

We didn't carry forward this Raid since you were there.

We'll start again soon, I'd even give it a bit of a try tonight if enough showed up. Got a bad cold though. Tired out.

Ranking up weapons a bit today while I loafed around.

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p