Help me become invisible

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Wed, 11/14/2012 - 23:50
Lala Calamari's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 01/29/2007 - 23:00

Help me become invisible

I pretty much ran an invisible class in MW3 exclusively.  I hate being hit with PMs, Turrets, and what not.  My perks were Blind Eye Pro, Assassin Pro, and Stalker Pro. I also use a silencer on all my weapons.  I pretty much made most kills streaks useless with that set up.  I'd like to do the same for BLOPs 2.

 

We ran a bunch of customs tonight (2o2s clan night) and I tried to tweak a setup.  I'm still getting hit with shit in the sky.  I tried tweaking my settings but nothing is making me happy.   I ran 2 level 1 perks, Blind eye and Ghost.  1 Level 2 perk, Cold Blooded.  My weapon was also silenced.

 

I'm not sure what the deal was, but I'm still visible on the enemies radar.  Is there something I'm missing?

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 01:09
yaok888's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 12 months ago
Joined: 08/05/2010 - 23:00

were you running ARs or LMGs?

If so, you need the Stock attachment for Ghost to be effective (that and keep moving).

I read somewhere on Den Kirson's proboards that even when moving, if you don't have the Stock attachment you still show up when using some weapon types.

all the light weight classes - pistols, smgs, shotgun , don't need the stock for Ghost but ARs and heavier types do.

 

found it:  look for the Post by RUBIXX

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=nonsense&action=display&t...

 

 

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 06:08
Lala Calamari's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 01/29/2007 - 23:00

OMG, that's so stupid. You need to be at full movement speed for the perk to work. So the perk is useless for me as I don't equip the stock. 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNtGOvZIUDE

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 08:41
ekattan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 05/27/2005 - 23:00

Apparently they thought camping was an issue

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 08:50
Markus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 04/20/2005 - 23:00

I don't think I have run into anyone running ghost yet, but camping is way, way up from MW3.

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 10:23 (Reply to #5)
Lala Calamari's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 01/29/2007 - 23:00

Markus wrote:

I don't think I have run into anyone running ghost yet, but camping is way, way up from MW3.

 

2old2shoot runs a weekly clan night.  And everything is unlocked in private games so I got a chance to try out Ghost.

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 09:48
InfernalGiggler's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/06/2007 - 23:00

I'm curious as to why camping is frowned upon.  I've gotten messages in the past over live telling me to quit camping.  I usually play hardcore tdm and use either a snipe or 3rnd burst (swat in blops2) with an acog on it.  I don't quick scope.  I'm not fast enough to run around the map and shoot people before they shoot me...I know I've tried and failed.  So..when I can set myself up with a fairly decent line of site and watch my buddies backs and not die a gazillion times which gives the enemy the higher score..and also gets me yelled at for dying so much...how is this a bad thing?

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 10:24 (Reply to #7)
Lala Calamari's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 01/29/2007 - 23:00

InfernalGiggler wrote:

I'm curious as to why camping is frowned upon.  I've gotten messages in the past over live telling me to quit camping.  I usually play hardcore tdm and use either a snipe or 3rnd burst (swat in blops2) with an acog on it.  I don't quick scope.  I'm not fast enough to run around the map and shoot people before they shoot me...I know I've tried and failed.  So..when I can set myself up with a fairly decent line of site and watch my buddies backs and not die a gazillion times which gives the enemy the higher score..and also gets me yelled at for dying so much...how is this a bad thing?

 

Nothing wrong with camping, it's a legit tactic.  And it's not a CoD only thing.  With that said, I don't have the attention span to camp.  I have gamers ADHD, I need to run and gun.

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 10:29
Cerberus4417's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/17/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I throw my two cents out there.  I consider there is a difference between "Camping" and "Holding/ Defending".  

My Definitions:

Camping (aka. Douchebagery): verb.  to hide in a non-conspicuous location out of view, and no where close to an objective, to selfishly rank up points.  

Holding (aka. Defending): verb. to play with a set strategic mindset with a team to contribute to goal of winning the game. Usually refers to a team setting positions and covering all access to control the objective. 

 

While holding can get annoying on TDM (Ex. 6 guys in a building not allowing access) it is a valid strategy.  How many games has you team been getting beat up on, you stop pushing and kind hold back so the enemy push to you. I have seen a lot of holding, but not much camping in the game.  I am usually playing objective games though because with the snipers being so OP in my opinion, TDM gets real annoying.  I gave up on any real though of having a good k/d and just started going for wins. (makes it more fun) 

 

As for the new perk layouts, blind eye will stop all AI controlled aircraft from seeing you.  I have never been hit with a hunter drone while running it (except if I am next to a person with out the perk on).  That was one nice thing about black ops and the blackbird, you knew you were going to find them.  The vsat has less meaning since the uav will work.

 

With the Score Streaks being more powerful you might want to look at running more counter uav's.  That will stop them from seeing you.  I know it has been really annoying when the other teams have put that up against me.  I was almost confused as to where the dom points were.  If a whole team was running them, that will really allow your runners to get but without a trace.

 

Nothing will counter the sentry gun also.  That is a beast in this game.  Try it on harpoint or dom.  

 

Also the AR's are junk.  Don't use any of them, really, forget they are there.  The LMG's work well for holding more of a stationary position.  SMGs and shotties for pushing targets.

 

For domination have one class with Smoke Nades.  The B flags are really exposed on most maps and smoke will really help.  Betties and shock equipement will help defend them.   

 

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 10:44 (Reply to #9)
Lala Calamari's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 01/29/2007 - 23:00

Cerberus4417 wrote:

Nothing will counter the sentry gun also.  That is a beast in this game.  Try it on harpoint or dom.  

 

 

I figured that was the case.  I've started equiping them.

 

I'm not sure all ARs are junk.  I was running a FAL with silencer and Acog and it's a pretty decent gun.  Some of the guy put on selective fire and were really digging it.

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 11:32 (Reply to #10)
Cerberus4417's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/17/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Lala Calamari wrote:

Cerberus4417 wrote:

Nothing will counter the sentry gun also.  That is a beast in this game.  Try it on harpoint or dom.  

 

 

I figured that was the case.  I've started equiping them.

 

I'm not sure all ARs are junk.  I was running a FAL with silencer and Acog and it's a pretty decent gun.  Some of the guy put on selective fire and were really digging it.

 

hmmmm....... selective fire will work on the fal?  so it becomes a burst or auto? 

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 12:24 (Reply to #11)
Gunny's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 01/22/2011 - 23:00
Cerberus4417 wrote:

Lala Calamari wrote:

Cerberus4417 wrote:

Nothing will counter the sentry gun also.  That is a beast in this game.  Try it on harpoint or dom.  

 

 

I figured that was the case.  I've started equiping them.

 

I'm not sure all ARs are junk.  I was running a FAL with silencer and Acog and it's a pretty decent gun.  Some of the guy put on selective fire and were really digging it.

 

hmmmm....... selective fire will work on the fal?  so it becomes a burst or auto? 

Auto... And it is a beast at all ranges.
Thu, 11/15/2012 - 12:42 (Reply to #12)
Cerberus4417's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/17/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Gunny wrote:
Auto... And it is a beast at all ranges.

 

Well that changes things.  I will have to try that one out.  Can you do the same for the SMR does anyone know? 

 

**Update:

I did some searches and it seems the SMR can be made full auto.  This could be really powerful

 

Sat, 11/17/2012 - 15:38
Whiskey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/02/2007 - 23:00

Camping - usually, people hate the "sitting in a dark corner of a room or map waiting for someone to run by so you can shoot them in the back" type of camping.  HOLDING a position, on the other hand is fine.  Back in the day, camping wasn't too big of a deal.  Problem with these damn COD games now is that by camping, these smacktard kids run up their killstreaks, then rain death down on the map constantly.

 

Equipment (Sentry Gun, Guardian, etc) - EMP grenades will take these things out.  Suggest having a class with those equipped.  Also, you can hack them with the Black Hat device, found in your tactical nade slot in create a class.

Sun, 11/25/2012 - 02:24
Fetal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 05/30/2005 - 23:00

Best way to be invisible...run ghost with extreme conditioning, cold-blooded and dexterity for staying off radar when you're climbing crap.

 

Must run an SMG with a laser sight and silencer.

 

You can't stay still. If you're holding an area and want to stay invisible you need to move side to side or backwards and forwards constantly..I like circles myself. Generally I don't hold an area anymore though like I did in MW3. The spawns are fairly predictable on smaller maps and as long as your team holds the middle, figuring out which side is the other teams spawn is real easy to do. The middle of the maps in this game are much easier to hold than previous titles with limited choke points. So run around and shoot people from the hip and no one will ever know where you really are.

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p