Halo 5: Guardians Beta (12/29/14 - 1/18/15)

106 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, 08/23/2014 - 19:54 (Reply to #91)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Dixon_Tufar wrote:
I dunno, man.  I like to think I'm pretty even-handed.  

Conflict of interest. Doesn't matter how even handed you might be. Nothing truly bad has happened around here in a long time but let's face it, we've been a little lucky. 

Doodirock likes to run a really open environment here. I wouldn't but it's not my site and not my say. I might throw an idea Doodi's way but I doubt he'd go for it, even if I got around to it.

Fri, 08/22/2014 - 08:59
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I thought I put this up somewhere, but can't remember if I did or not.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y7Q-m2Ki63Q

Fri, 08/22/2014 - 09:20
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 days ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 
False praise is also an equally stinky turd that's detrimental to current and future titles.
Fri, 08/22/2014 - 10:19 (Reply to #94)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:
False praise is also an equally stinky turd that's detrimental to current and future titles.

I think that might be the stupidest thing I've seen written in here. Who in the hell has time or interest to go on these forums here and say they like a game when they don't with some interest in that praise benefitting them in anyway?

You pulled that out of your arse didn't you?

Fri, 08/22/2014 - 10:48
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 days ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 
You seem upset. How are you a moderator of this forum if you can't keep your cool? Maybe I should have been more eloquent in my post. What I'm saying is praising a game that is full of shortcomings and never focusing onthose gives developers the false sense that nothing is drastically wrong with their game, and consequently, might not fix it with updates or in future games. Better sweetie?
Fri, 08/22/2014 - 14:55 (Reply to #96)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:
You seem upset. How are you a moderator of this forum if you can't keep your cool? Maybe I should have been more eloquent in my post. What I'm saying is praising a game that is full of shortcomings and never focusing onthose gives developers the false sense that nothing is drastically wrong with their game, and consequently, might not fix it with updates or in future games. Better sweetie?

I am not a moderator of this forum. I chose to discontinue because of people like you and because I do have trouble keeping my cool.

Edited out "not" in second sentence.

Sat, 08/23/2014 - 07:21 (Reply to #97)
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 days ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:
You seem upset. How are you a moderator of this forum if you can't keep your cool? Maybe I should have been more eloquent in my post. What I'm saying is praising a game that is full of shortcomings and never focusing onthose gives developers the false sense that nothing is drastically wrong with their game, and consequently, might not fix it with updates or in future games. Better sweetie?

I am not a moderator of this forum. I chose to discontinue because of people like you and because I do have trouble keeping my cool.

Edited out "not" in second sentence.

 

I'm glad I continue to have a positive impact on this community.

Fri, 08/22/2014 - 12:56
Shadow's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/10/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

please read the post above yours for more insight to my original post.

Fri, 08/22/2014 - 13:34
Kenjamin1 MI's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 03/29/2012 - 15:13
Currently Playing: 

The Master Chief Collection/H2anniv. will have RACE, wonder if H5 will - wink 

Fri, 08/22/2014 - 14:53 (Reply to #100)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Kenjamin1 MI wrote:

The Master Chief Collection/H2anniv. will have RACE, wonder if H5 will - wink 

I think you can count on it. smiley

Sat, 08/23/2014 - 00:02
Tristan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 week ago
Joined: 08/31/2008 - 23:00

They probably had the announcer say "snapshot" because a "snapshot" is more natural as a noun than a "no scope." Maybe a "no scope kill," would be better as a noun but more awkward. At any rate, the name of a medal is probably at the bottom of the list of all the huge problems with this game.

Sun, 08/24/2014 - 09:14
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 days ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I don't think Shadow is saying better players should NEVER lose.  Everybody makes mistakes.  I've lost to BR/DMR fights to people less skilled than me and I've beaten people that are better than me.  It happens.  In Halo 1-3, the averages seemed fairly consistent.  More often than not, a better player will beat me.  In H4, 343 manipulated those averages, whether it was their intention or not, through things like ordinance drops.  Why do you get the incineration cannon while I get a needler?  If the incineration cannon was a normal map spawn and you beat me to it and proceeded to kill me, fair enough.  I should have been more aware of the respawn timer and my location.  

Sun, 08/24/2014 - 12:55 (Reply to #103)
KamakazeTaco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 01/30/2009 - 23:00

The care packages, sorry "ordinance drops" took skill and ability out of it for the most part. Not even talking about the occasions where a less skilled player might get a free rocket kill, I mean in even matches. In a game where both teams are of equal skill, the team that is lucky and gets handed a rocket launcher and sniper will get a huge advantage over the team that is given stickies and a needler. They didn't beat the other team and take over these weapons, the game just randomly handed them superior firepower. In a game with closely matched teams, victory can be decided with one or two kills. It's pretty easy to get four or five when you're handed rockets. If that's what you find fun, more power to ya. Personally I would rather play a balanced match, but they forced the ordinance into every mode. Which is cool if you're into that, kinda spoils the game if you're not.

Mon, 08/25/2014 - 15:03
Tristan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 week ago
Joined: 08/31/2008 - 23:00

That kind of stuff would be more analagous to fluctuations in Xbox Live connections (and who knows, maybe you're one of those people who enjoys getting screwed over by lag?). It seems like a better analogy would be if one of the competitors was randomly handed a much better gun than the other guys.

Also, shooting competitions probably happen outdoors because the real world situations (i.e. wars) usually happen outdoors. An army sniper has to know how to contend with wind and stuff because that's part of his job. Presumably that's the whole point of having a series, to help average out random events. That's very different from deliberately designing random weapon drops into a video game.

Mon, 08/25/2014 - 15:52
Lbsutke's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 08/16/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p