Halo 2 Anniversary Gamescom Showdown Finals

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, 08/19/2014 - 22:22
GUL74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 02/06/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Halo 2 Anniversary Gamescom Showdown Finals

Wed, 08/20/2014 - 13:56
DCHaloJunkies's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 09/16/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

thanks for posting.  Would've been nice if there was some midship and warlock.

Wed, 08/20/2014 - 14:00 (Reply to #2)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DCHaloJunkies wrote:

thanks for posting.  Would've been nice if there was some midship and warlock.

 

Yeah, you get the feeling they're holding those and Onslaught until later.

Wed, 08/20/2014 - 14:08
DarthTabasco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

We won't be seeing Midship in H2A since it's already been shown to be in Halo 5.

Wed, 08/20/2014 - 14:46 (Reply to #4)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DarthTabasco wrote:

We won't be seeing Midship in H2A since it's already been shown to be in Halo 5.

True about Midship. Frankie said so on NeoGaf.

It truly begs the question from me though. H2A is a modified engine but the map graphics are pretty much next-gen. Why the hell hasn't 343i standardized it's map format so they can easily port maps forward?

Wed, 08/20/2014 - 15:43 (Reply to #5)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DEEP_NNN wrote:

DarthTabasco wrote:

We won't be seeing Midship in H2A since it's already been shown to be in Halo 5.

True about Midship. Frankie said so on NeoGaf.

It truly begs the question from me though. H2A is a modified engine but the map graphics are pretty much next-gen. Why the hell hasn't 343i standardized it's map format so they can easily port maps forward?

 

Gah.  That's right.  I remember seeing that before, too.  Thanks.

 

You know, that's really not a bad question.  I remember hearing from folks that they could make a Halo game, but have every single Halo map ever made as a map in the game, and I remember thinking (and probably typing) "That would never happen".  Not only has it happened, but we're at a point where it could even possibly get carried over into Halo 5?  I mean, what's a more sure fire way to print money than having a cross section of each Halo game's maps held back for DLC purchases (except Reach.  I wouldn't wish those on my worst enemy.)

 

(Note, I've seen absolutely nothing on the Internets about the maps from every single Halo game getting rolled into every following Halo title.)

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p