Good Iron Banner Loot Drops?

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, 10/15/2015 - 13:42
James's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/21/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Good Iron Banner Loot Drops?

Has anybody gotten some good booty through Iron Banner?

Game: 
Thu, 10/15/2015 - 15:48
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Probably not since Bungie tweet recognizes a problem with a variety of drops.

Thu, 10/15/2015 - 18:39
badmin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Its all been crap so far.  They really missed the mark with Banner

Fri, 10/16/2015 - 06:53
DarthTabasco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

The only decent piece I got was the Warlock Bond with 292 Light. I went from really looking forward to IB, to being very "meh" about it all. I'll push my one character to Rank 4 just to complete the bounty and get the Marks, but probably not worry with Rank 5. If I do decide to push Rank 5 it will be for the Pulse Rifle because it does look really good.

Fri, 10/16/2015 - 07:32
Zikan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/17/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I got the warlock band just before I was able to buy it and a couple of decent blues, but nothing to really get excited about.

Fri, 10/16/2015 - 07:51
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

TTK IB just doesn't have the allure of the Almighty Etheric Light to encourage me to play more. At least with an Etheric Light, whatever you used it on was then maxed out. This new system doesn't even come close to giving a similar reward.

It's kind of shitty from my perspective.

 

 

Fri, 10/16/2015 - 08:35
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Hopefully next time around Bungie will make some fixes, but I have no interest in this current one.

Fri, 10/16/2015 - 10:08
Megatron's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 day ago
Joined: 11/08/2012 - 22:49
Currently Playing: 

no one i know has gotten anything, i read the drop rate on reddit that it was at 1-2% 8/

Fri, 10/16/2015 - 11:35
Minotaur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 03/13/2014 - 13:35
Currently Playing: 

I have one character up to about 3 and a half. Nothing but a couple mediocre 260-280 blues, a couple motes and a couple coins so far.I'll take one character to 5 only to get the pulse rifle (which is a repainted TTK version of the nerfed medium-impact Hopscotch Pilgrim). I haven't seen any good IB drops for any player yet.

Fri, 10/16/2015 - 12:40
James's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/21/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

From the Bungie weekly update:

“Why am I not getting my Iron Banner rewards?”
 
Iron Banner has been both a test of skill and your best gear, as well as a way to get a new set of gilded armor and weapons. Legendary items won’t drop until you reach Rank 2 with Lord Saladin, and the pool expands as you continue to climb the ranks.
 
The premiere items we believe you’ll want to obtain are also available for purchase from Lord Saladin himself. Subsequent Iron Banner events will include additional pieces of gear.
Fri, 10/16/2015 - 12:48
BLAMnation's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/31/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Got one character up to 3 1/2. The sidearm dropped for me at 288 and also got drops of a few 295+ pieces of gear that I infused. So-so drops but nothing to write home about. I'll get my Titan to 5 this weekend but don't know if I'll make any headway on the others.

Sat, 10/17/2015 - 12:47
badmin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

just before Rank 5 a Nirwen dropped for me....

Sat, 10/17/2015 - 14:06 (Reply to #12)
Zikan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/17/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

badmin wrote:

just before Rank 5 a Nirwen dropped for me....

 

Is that dirty talk?  It sounds like dirty talk ...

Sun, 10/18/2015 - 01:46
badmin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

yep that's dirty talk wink

Mon, 10/19/2015 - 06:50
FreeRadikal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/22/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 
I got some good blue 290+ weapons; but yeah why play iron banner?
Mon, 10/19/2015 - 06:52
FreeRadikal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/22/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 
They should've had rank 5 300 weapons for legendary marks.
Mon, 10/19/2015 - 08:53 (Reply to #16)
James's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/21/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I agree, 300 level weapons would have made sense for Rank 5 rewards.  Otherwise, I was completely underwhelmed by the rewards and drops for this Iron banner.  It seemed broken to me.

Mon, 10/19/2015 - 10:02 (Reply to #17)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I can totally see why they didn't go that route.  It makes sense, for guns/armor that are slightly more Crucible centric to get them for fewer marks, and have to infuse them with your fodder.

Mon, 10/19/2015 - 10:22 (Reply to #18)
badmin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

I can totally see why they didn't go that route.  It makes sense, for guns/armor that are slightly more Crucible centric to get them for fewer marks, and have to infuse them with your fodder.

 

Yeah i agree with that part actually. However because of that fact the drop rate should be much much higher and that's  really the issue i take with it.  

I did a bit of math napkin math, but basically i put in 13 hours of time for 3 toons all at lvl5 and got 2 drops i could actually use.  On the flip side a 2 hour raid for 1 toon will net you the same amout of drops at a much higher base light level.  Thats pretty fucking stupid.

Mon, 10/19/2015 - 13:46 (Reply to #19)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

badmin wrote:

 

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

 

I can totally see why they didn't go that route.  It makes sense, for guns/armor that are slightly more Crucible centric to get them for fewer marks, and have to infuse them with your fodder.

 

 

 

Yeah i agree with that part actually. However because of that fact the drop rate should be much much higher and that's  really the issue i take with it.  

I did a bit of math napkin math, but basically i put in 13 hours of time for 3 toons all at lvl5 and got 2 drops i could actually use.  On the flip side a 2 hour raid for 1 toon will net you the same amout of drops at a much higher base light level.  Thats pretty fucking stupid.

 

Yeah, for the same time investment, you can get better drops from strikes.

 

Honestly, why they don't have random (like every 3 games or so) Engram Games sprinkled in, where the prize is listed as your choice of three exotics that's guaranteed to the highest point leader on the winning team and two guaranteed purple engrams to the leading point total of the losing teams and random  chances to get purple engrams for everyone else is beyond me.

Mon, 10/19/2015 - 16:36
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

 Fuck highly skilled players. The game is already too easy on them.

Give treats to the poor and needy.
Mon, 10/19/2015 - 18:39
badmin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I dont agree with either of you here.  As someone that find himself near the top fairly often (humble brag) I just think going by a full mark based system makes the most sense.  Take your time of investment, quantify it with marks, and let people buy what they want. 

Mon, 10/19/2015 - 19:51
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I'm correct about everything Destiny. At every stage Bungie implemented pitiful rewards that favoured highly skilled players and were then forced to backtrack and stop being so stingy to the masses.

This trend will probably continue.

Also, expect reforging for Legenday armour and weapons coming soon along with one or two new bright colours for equipment and two new gun manufacturers.

Tue, 10/20/2015 - 11:37
Minotaur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 03/13/2014 - 13:35
Currently Playing: 

The following link helps to explain the loot drops for Destiny - or really any game... We're all simply chimpanzees, pulling levers in a psychology experiment, hoping for a random treat. 

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131494/behavioral_game_design.php

No matter your skill level, everyone will be a 320 a week after the next DLC drop. Which reminds me of a story.... A couple of weeks ago we were in the Tower cashing in some random blue engrams when I spotted a fellow Guardian with "Minotaur" as part of his name. Don't see that every day - I said to myself.... So, I went over and stood in front of him. When he got out of his inventory and saw me, I pointed at him... At first he tried to leave, but then he saw my XBL name and pointed back... 

He commented on my Titan's cool "Spartan" crested helmet. I said it was the Helm of St. 14. He had never seen one before. He just got the game. He was already a 40 - 260. 

Tue, 10/20/2015 - 12:41 (Reply to #24)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Minotaur wrote:

The following link helps to explain the loot drops for Destiny - or really any game... We're all simply chimpanzees, pulling levers in a psychology experiment, hoping for a random treat. 

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131494/behavioral_game_design.php

No matter your skill level, everyone will be a 320 a week after the next DLC drop. Which reminds me of a story.... A couple of weeks ago we were in the Tower cashing in some random blue engrams when I spotted a fellow Guardian with "Minotaur" as part of his name. Don't see that every day - I said to myself.... So, I went over and stood in front of him. When he got out of his inventory and saw me, I pointed at him... At first he tried to leave, but then he saw my XBL name and pointed back... 

He commented on my Titan's cool "Spartan" crested helmet. I said it was the Helm of St. 14. He had never seen one before. He just got the game. He was already a 40 - 260. 

 

Well, yeah.  From what I gather, MMOs chew gear up like crazy.  The stuff we have now is like the old stuff.  Its only visiting for a short time.

Tue, 10/20/2015 - 15:09
FreeRadikal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/22/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 
I think I'm too winded to keep up all this grinding. Where's all the destiny lube?
Wed, 10/21/2015 - 16:02 (Reply to #26)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

FreeRadikal wrote:
I think I'm too winded to keep up all this grinding. Where's all the destiny lube?

Use spit.

Wed, 10/21/2015 - 18:15 (Reply to #27)
badmin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

/slowclap

Wed, 10/21/2015 - 20:43
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

LOL!

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p