Destiny - Say anything.

1218 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sun, 06/14/2015 - 22:20
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I watched Caesar's Twitch stream in Trials. Caesar, Phil, MrWhite.

If that's what happens to the best of 2old2play then I can't see Trials being a venue for me to waste time in.

Shit, that looks really hard.

Mon, 06/15/2015 - 08:09
Raider30's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/28/2006 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

 

Heyo,

I guess that's part of my problem.   I don't know what perks and abilities I should be going for.  I'm a lvl 31 hunter and I do ok in pve and ok in pvp but I think I'm hitting a point where I'm going to start having trouble with the pve aspect of the game.  I'm working my way through the first dlc and am at the quest where you take the urn to the moon.   Trying the basic lvl26 version and when I get to the end fight with all the thralls, acolytes, and knights I just get overwhelmed.  So that has me worried that I'm not going to get much farther.  Might be different if I could hook up with people to play but those mission won't put you into an Xbox live fire team, only a fire team premade can enter and that's hard to come by.   

On the awesome side I managed to hook up with defiant21 during iron banner and had a blast.   Forgot how much fun it is to play with someone you 'know' in a team match as most people in destiny don't talk(how far we've come since halo2). :(   

 - Raider30

Mon, 06/15/2015 - 08:37
DarthTabasco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I would be happy to help you with any missions or strikes or whatever. Message me or send a Friend Request. XB1; GT = Darth Tabasco

Also, here is a guide I found that may be useful in getting you started with reforging and helping to give you ideas what is out there: http://planetdestiny.com/pve-reforge-guide/

Mon, 06/15/2015 - 09:20
SoulTerror's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 12/13/2012 - 15:28
Currently Playing: 

Got the queen's sniper with the perk to shoot any ammo to pick it up. That's a keeper!!

Thu, 06/18/2015 - 12:57 (Reply to #155)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

SoulTerror wrote:

Got the queen's sniper with the perk to shoot any ammo to pick it up. That's a keeper!!

 

Nah, there are too many better perks out there.  Shoot to loot, if its a main weapon you're working with, is a bad perk to pick.  I've got a blue scout rifle with Shoot to Loot on it, and that's about as much as I need of it.

Thu, 06/18/2015 - 12:30
TheArtistSwayze's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 03/15/2008 - 23:00

Hi everybody! I've recently come back to Destiny after a long hiatus due to most of my friends quitting the game and was looking to find some people to join up with. I haven't been around 2old2play since my Halo 3 days, but I remember everyone being awesome so I figured this would be a great place to start. Anyway, I'm on Xbox One and my GT is TheArtistSwayze. 

Thu, 06/18/2015 - 13:21 (Reply to #157)
DarthTabasco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

TheArtistSwayze wrote:

Hi everybody! I've recently come back to Destiny after a long hiatus due to most of my friends quitting the game and was looking to find some people to join up with. I haven't been around 2old2play since my Halo 3 days, but I remember everyone being awesome so I figured this would be a great place to start. Anyway, I'm on Xbox One and my GT is TheArtistSwayze. 

I think I know you...cheeky

Thu, 06/18/2015 - 15:32 (Reply to #158)
TheArtistSwayze's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 03/15/2008 - 23:00

 

DarthTabasco wrote:

TheArtistSwayze wrote:

Hi everybody! I've recently come back to Destiny after a long hiatus due to most of my friends quitting the game and was looking to find some people to join up with. I haven't been around 2old2play since my Halo 3 days, but I remember everyone being awesome so I figured this would be a great place to start. Anyway, I'm on Xbox One and my GT is TheArtistSwayze. 

I think I know you...cheeky

Yes, I keep meaning to beg you to help me with the final part of my Thorn bounty :)

Thu, 06/18/2015 - 15:41 (Reply to #159)
DarthTabasco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

TheArtistSwayze wrote:

 

DarthTabasco wrote:

TheArtistSwayze wrote:

Hi everybody! I've recently come back to Destiny after a long hiatus due to most of my friends quitting the game and was looking to find some people to join up with. I haven't been around 2old2play since my Halo 3 days, but I remember everyone being awesome so I figured this would be a great place to start. Anyway, I'm on Xbox One and my GT is TheArtistSwayze. 

I think I know you...cheeky

Yes, I keep meaning to beg you to help me with the final part of my Thorn bounty :)

Anytime. We can knock it out.

Fri, 06/19/2015 - 07:47
FreeRadikal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 07/22/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

So sucked into Witcher miss Destiny...

Fri, 06/19/2015 - 09:12
SoulTerror's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 12/13/2012 - 15:28
Currently Playing: 

Ran Crota Hard mode last night with my 34 Titan, a 34 Hunter, and 2 34 Warlocks. Hunter soloed the first part, he did just as the bridge was finishing so we just had to run through. On second part I just died, hunter went over with sword and hide, 2 warlocks revived and killed Ogers. We picked up a 5th for the Deathsinger and took her down with no issues at all, and same with Crota. 2 Swords was all it took. 1 of the Warlocks was a total noob to the raid and during Crota he was just hiding, he died on the last sword which enraged crota and summoned the oversoul which we hurry and took him out. Overall it was easier then running it on Normal mode at level 32. Going to see about running it again tonight. Got the pistol and auto rifle last night.

Fri, 06/19/2015 - 11:39
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Was wondering about HM raid difficulty after everyone has leveled up.  POE and Trials has moved most peeps away from raids.  I would like to get back into raiding, especially VOG.  Because of family issues early in the VOG lifecycle I never got an opportunity to get involved with a regular group and still feel somewhat noobish with it.  I was just getting a handle on relic wielding when HOW dropped and raid participation went to  0. 

With weapon ascension available in HOW some interest has returned to raiding to get the cool raid weapons to level up and ascend, but now -- as posted in another thread -- current weapons may not ascend when the Taken Kig drops (rumors, rumors) and that may kill the renewed interest.  I hope not.  I found raiding the most fun part of this game.

Fri, 06/19/2015 - 13:53 (Reply to #163)
DarthTabasco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

OldnAchy wrote:

Was wondering about HM raid difficulty after everyone has leveled up.  POE and Trials has moved most peeps away from raids.  I would like to get back into raiding, especially VOG.  Because of family issues early in the VOG lifecycle I never got an opportunity to get involved with a regular group and still feel somewhat noobish with it.  I was just getting a handle on relic wielding when HOW dropped and raid participation went to  0. 

With weapon ascension available in HOW some interest has returned to raiding to get the cool raid weapons to level up and ascend, but now -- as posted in another thread -- current weapons may not ascend when the Taken Kig drops (rumors, rumors) and that may kill the renewed interest.  I hope not.  I found raiding the most fun part of this game.

Achy, I would LOVE to do more raiding. VoG and Crota both hold items I'd like to have, so I would up for giving it a try. Even though I've played a fair amount, I've never been part of a group that raids on a regular basis so I only have a pieces of raid gear/weapons. 

Fri, 06/19/2015 - 14:05 (Reply to #164)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DarthTabasco wrote:

OldnAchy wrote:

Was wondering about HM raid difficulty after everyone has leveled up.  POE and Trials has moved most peeps away from raids.  I would like to get back into raiding, especially VOG.  Because of family issues early in the VOG lifecycle I never got an opportunity to get involved with a regular group and still feel somewhat noobish with it.  I was just getting a handle on relic wielding when HOW dropped and raid participation went to  0. 

With weapon ascension available in HOW some interest has returned to raiding to get the cool raid weapons to level up and ascend, but now -- as posted in another thread -- current weapons may not ascend when the Taken Kig drops (rumors, rumors) and that may kill the renewed interest.  I hope not.  I found raiding the most fun part of this game.

Achy, I would LOVE to do more raiding. VoG and Crota both hold items I'd like to have, so I would up for giving it a try. Even though I've played a fair amount, I've never been part of a group that raids on a regular basis so I only have a pieces of raid gear/weapons. 

I'll bring it up with the Over 50 group. Many want to Raid but I'm fairly sure very few have earned much Etheric light or finished PoE 34. More Etheric light leads to easier Raids.

Fri, 06/19/2015 - 22:54 (Reply to #165)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

DarthTabasco wrote:

OldnAchy wrote:

Was wondering about HM raid difficulty after everyone has leveled up.  POE and Trials has moved most peeps away from raids.  I would like to get back into raiding, especially VOG.  Because of family issues early in the VOG lifecycle I never got an opportunity to get involved with a regular group and still feel somewhat noobish with it.  I was just getting a handle on relic wielding when HOW dropped and raid participation went to  0. 

With weapon ascension available in HOW some interest has returned to raiding to get the cool raid weapons to level up and ascend, but now -- as posted in another thread -- current weapons may not ascend when the Taken Kig drops (rumors, rumors) and that may kill the renewed interest.  I hope not.  I found raiding the most fun part of this game.

Achy, I would LOVE to do more raiding. VoG and Crota both hold items I'd like to have, so I would up for giving it a try. Even though I've played a fair amount, I've never been part of a group that raids on a regular basis so I only have a pieces of raid gear/weapons. 

 

I trashed my Found Verdict, thinking I'd never need it.  Crap.

 

Its super useful in the stupid Prison of Elders.

Sat, 06/20/2015 - 16:20 (Reply to #166)
TheArtistSwayze's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 03/15/2008 - 23:00

OldnAchy wrote:

Was wondering about HM raid difficulty after everyone has leveled up.  POE and Trials has moved most peeps away from raids.  I would like to get back into raiding, especially VOG.  Because of family issues early in the VOG lifecycle I never got an opportunity to get involved with a regular group and still feel somewhat noobish with it.  I was just getting a handle on relic wielding when HOW dropped and raid participation went to  0. 

With weapon ascension available in HOW some interest has returned to raiding to get the cool raid weapons to level up and ascend, but now -- as posted in another thread -- current weapons may not ascend when the Taken Kig drops (rumors, rumors) and that may kill the renewed interest.  I hope not.  I found raiding the most fun part of this game.

I've never had the opportunity to do a raid,  so count me as someone who is interested in raiding. 

Fri, 06/19/2015 - 12:23
SoulTerror's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 12/13/2012 - 15:28
Currently Playing: 

Group I normally play with has been doing VoG at least once a week on hard mode just to try to get some of the guns and armor people don't have.

Sat, 06/20/2015 - 07:38
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I love my Found Verdict. Un-ascended, it still compares favourably against other 365 automatic shotguns.

Sun, 06/21/2015 - 14:50
Raider30's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/28/2006 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Heyo all,

Another quick question, and probably a dumb one at that, but how do I get to the prison of elders?

Is there something I have to do first?  

 - Raider30

Sun, 06/21/2015 - 15:22 (Reply to #170)
YEM's picture
YEM
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 5 months ago
Joined: 06/21/2006 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Raider30 wrote:

Heyo all,

Another quick question, and probably a dumb one at that, but how do I get to the prison of elders?

Is there something I have to do first?  

 - Raider30

 

You have to beat the new story missions 

Mon, 06/22/2015 - 00:06
Gatsu's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: 06/21/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I'm starting a hunter character. What all equipment/armor parts/perks would be best to focus on?

Mon, 06/22/2015 - 09:31 (Reply to #172)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Gatsu wrote:

I'm starting a hunter character. What all equipment/armor parts/perks would be best to focus on?

 

Whatever ones you like.  They're all useful in their particular places.

 

Gunslinger is my preferred Crucible class.

Mon, 06/22/2015 - 19:36 (Reply to #173)
TheDamnDog's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 04/18/2006 - 23:00

Gatsu wrote:

I'm starting a hunter character. What all equipment/armor parts/perks would be best to focus on?

ARC subclass is more useful in PVE, in my opinion, for the invisibility. That is the one I am focusing on first since I play much more PVE than PVP.  I almost have my hunter up to 20 finally.  Buy the Don't Touch Me gauntlets from Xur if you get a chance to because they are awesome in Crota abyss.  Arc blade hunters have an advantage running the sword in Crota also due their invis and their super fast melee.

It's pretty hard to beat the solar hunters in crucible especially when they have Achlyophage Symbiote helmet on because that gives them one additional golden gun shot.  Arc hunters are also really annoying in crucible and, with a Mask of The Third Man helmet and the right ability settings, are very difficult to kill when they hit their supers.

So I would say ARC first if you play PVE and Solar first if you play PVP but both classes have their plusses and minuses.

Mon, 06/22/2015 - 07:32
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Destiny will be down for 6 hours starting at 8 am PDT today.

Mon, 06/22/2015 - 09:10
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Crap!  Better get on now for my 50 minutes of bounty work.

Tue, 06/23/2015 - 01:25
Gatsu's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: 06/21/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Thanks for the info gents. I appreciate it. Do hunters weapon from any particular weapon set? Or am I good using what I was comfortable with on my titan?

Example, I see a lot of hunters with hand cannons....but I prefer scout rifles. Other than damage output per shot....not really any benefit otherwise?

Tue, 06/23/2015 - 10:25 (Reply to #177)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Gatsu wrote:

Thanks for the info gents. I appreciate it. Do hunters weapon from any particular weapon set? Or am I good using what I was comfortable with on my titan?

Example, I see a lot of hunters with hand cannons....but I prefer scout rifles. Other than damage output per shot....not really any benefit otherwise?

 

Same weapons.  Gunslinger has a couple of perks to increase reload speed with kills and increase stability with kills.  Those are very nice.

Tue, 06/23/2015 - 14:09
YEM's picture
YEM
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 5 months ago
Joined: 06/21/2006 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Yay! FINALLY got a Ghorn running the NF solo this afternoon

Tue, 06/23/2015 - 14:55 (Reply to #179)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

YEM wrote:

Yay! FINALLY got a Ghorn running the NF solo this afternoon

Bad news for minions of the Darkness. smiley

Tue, 06/23/2015 - 21:34 (Reply to #180)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

YEM wrote:

Yay! FINALLY got a Ghorn running the NF solo this afternoon

 

Just got my fourth from the first Nightfall this week.

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p