Destiny: Lost connection to partner service

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, 09/30/2014 - 22:29
Zombie1977's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/12/2007 - 23:00

Destiny: Lost connection to partner service

 I keep trying to play Destiny and it keeps telling me I've lost connection to partner service. WTF? Anyone else have this problem?

Game: 
Wed, 10/01/2014 - 04:56
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Usually interuptions are brief. Sometimes longer like, when hackers were trying to take down servers. Bungie is due to apply an update as well.

Wed, 10/01/2014 - 07:19
FreeRadikal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/22/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I wish people would stop hacking and start helping, whats the opposite of a Denial of Service attack?

Wed, 10/01/2014 - 07:47 (Reply to #3)
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

FreeRadikal wrote:

I wish people would stop hacking and start helping, whats the opposite of a Denial of Service attack?

 

Agreement of Service defense?  

Crap.  I think I just joined the National Guard.  surprise

Wed, 10/01/2014 - 08:12 (Reply to #4)
Zombie1977's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/12/2007 - 23:00

OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:

FreeRadikal wrote:

I wish people would stop hacking and start helping, whats the opposite of a Denial of Service attack?

 

Agreement of Service defense?

Crap.  I think I just joined the National Guard.  surprise

 +1 yes

Wed, 10/01/2014 - 12:53
Thom293's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 09/09/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

FYI I had this problem too.  One was a known problem on XBL and I just had to log off for the night.  I got the same thing the next day and this is how I fixed it (I think they were catapiller and cattle errors).  It has fixed it twice for me.  Restarting destiny and/or XB1 did NOT work for me:

Unplug your ethernet cable and hook your XB1 up to a wireless signal (I used my phone hotspot sharing).  Log into Destiny (It works!).  Plug network cable back in and log into Destiny (it works).

 

It seems it is some feed back from Destiny server that hits you and causes this bug.  Not sure what it is, but I wish they would fix it.

 

Also - my NAT started showing up as moderate all of a sudden, where last week it was open.  Not sure what to do about that...

 

Wed, 10/01/2014 - 13:21 (Reply to #6)
DEEP_NNN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 5 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2005 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Thom293 wrote:

 

Also - my NAT started showing up as moderate all of a sudden, where last week it was open.  Not sure what to do about that...

 

Reboot router should work almost everytime. Don't have any other Xboxes on before the one you want.

Wed, 10/01/2014 - 16:04
T3muJin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/31/2005 - 23:00

I've had the cattle problem a few times recently on xbone.  Going to the home screen, select destiny, and then choose to quit the game.  That has worked for me.

Wed, 10/01/2014 - 19:13
Zombie1977's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/12/2007 - 23:00

 I'm about fucking sick of it. It took me nearly an hour to log on today,got to play for MAYBE an hour and got disconnected right in the middle of a Moon mission! I'm glad I was able to find a used copy at Gamestop because they have a 7 day return policy on pre-owned games,tempted to take it back and exchange it for something that works when I fucking want it to. The game has been out for nearly a month,fix your shit Bugie! angry

Wed, 10/01/2014 - 19:21 (Reply to #9)
Dixon_Tufar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Zombie1977 wrote:

 I'm about fucking sick of it. It took me nearly an hour to log on today,got to play for MAYBE an hour and got disconnected right in the middle of a Moon mission! I'm glad I was able to find a used copy at Gamestop because they have a 7 day return policy on pre-owned games,tempted to take it back and exchange it for something that works when I fucking want it to. The game has been out for nearly a month,fix your shit Bugie! angry

 

So, Bungie's been getting hammered with DDoS attacks pretty constantly for the past week or so.  Despite that, the connections have been pretty steady and accessible.

Wed, 10/01/2014 - 22:32 (Reply to #10)
Zombie1977's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/12/2007 - 23:00

Dixon_Tufar wrote:

Zombie1977 wrote:

 I'm about fucking sick of it. It took me nearly an hour to log on today,got to play for MAYBE an hour and got disconnected right in the middle of a Moon mission! I'm glad I was able to find a used copy at Gamestop because they have a 7 day return policy on pre-owned games,tempted to take it back and exchange it for something that works when I fucking want it to. The game has been out for nearly a month,fix your shit Bugie! angry

 

So, Bungie's been getting hammered with DDoS attacks pretty constantly for the past week or so.  Despite that, the connections have been pretty steady and accessible.

 People are assholes! What did Ripley say in Aliens:  "At least you dont see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage."

Wed, 10/01/2014 - 22:40
Zombie1977's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/12/2007 - 23:00

 Well despite the problem I've been having I did get back in and what happens at the first loot chest I find? It gives me four green items and 250 Glimmer...WTF! I also got my first blue weapon from the gunsmith,seems like someone is patting me on the head!

Thu, 10/02/2014 - 01:44
pyro13g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/13/2008 - 23:00

I haven't had a recent disconnect that I can recall.  I wouldn't be so quick to place tons of blame on bungie.  They aren't the only(obviously) piece of the connection puzzle.  You have local ISP POP's, their backbones, their peering connections to upper tier backbone providers, traffic engineering and throttling, load(congestion, latency), colocation(datacenters), gear failures, routing issues, and on and on.  Bungie has even stated that it sees the issue often pop up in rolling geographical clusters. Heck, you could even have infected machines on your local ISP POP participating in denial of service attacks which could only affect a small amount of users in the big picture.  NAT changes out of the blue could very well be out of your control  My ISP handed out private IP addresses  for a stint which resulted in double NAT which breaks a lot of stuff.  Some people get in NAT trouble by plugging a router into a router(integrated modem, router, wireless, wired LAN switch) the ISP gave them resulting in double NAT.. In that scenario one of the routers needs placed in bridge mode, prefeerably the ISP router, or just ditch your router and use a switch if you need more physical ports then available on the ISP device.  If you use an ISP provided router  then you could end up at the mercy of the ISP configuration of the device.  Ask for a modem only and see what they say.  You can run into problems with VoIP adapters for ISP provided phone service.  We've had ISPs "upgrade" work at home user hardware that ends up preventing the user from connecting to our network.  Some ISPs may work with you, especially if they have local compettion. Often, the user has to come back to work at office because some stuff just doesn't perform well with other connection methods as a work around.

First step is always power cycle modems, routers, end devices, etc..  Our consumer gear tends to lose it's mind.  My routers connection table get's hosed or full at times and needs forcefully cleansed. 

If your router is also running a firewall then consider disabling it if you know you are not specifically using it.  Statefull inspection can cause issues if the state becomes corrupted or lost for some reason.  Packets dropped until correct state is reestablished.

 

Ripley was wrong because aliens did fuck other aliens over.

 

Thu, 10/02/2014 - 18:07 (Reply to #13)
KamakazeTaco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 01/30/2009 - 23:00

pyro13g wrote:

I haven't had a recent disconnect that I can recall.  I wouldn't be so quick to place tons of blame on bungie.  They aren't the only(obviously) piece of the connection puzzle.  You have local ISP POP's, their backbones, their peering connections to upper tier backbone providers, traffic engineering and throttling, load(congestion, latency), colocation(datacenters), gear failures, routing issues, and on and on.  Bungie has even stated that it sees the issue often pop up in rolling geographical clusters. Heck, you could even have infected machines on your local ISP POP participating in denial of service attacks which could only affect a small amount of users in the big picture.  NAT changes out of the blue could very well be out of your control  My ISP handed out private IP addresses  for a stint which resulted in double NAT which breaks a lot of stuff.  Some people get in NAT trouble by plugging a router into a router(integrated modem, router, wireless, wired LAN switch) the ISP gave them resulting in double NAT.. In that scenario one of the routers needs placed in bridge mode, prefeerably the ISP router, or just ditch your router and use a switch if you need more physical ports then available on the ISP device.  If you use an ISP provided router  then you could end up at the mercy of the ISP configuration of the device.  Ask for a modem only and see what they say.  You can run into problems with VoIP adapters for ISP provided phone service.  We've had ISPs "upgrade" work at home user hardware that ends up preventing the user from connecting to our network.  Some ISPs may work with you, especially if they have local compettion. Often, the user has to come back to work at office because some stuff just doesn't perform well with other connection methods as a work around.

First step is always power cycle modems, routers, end devices, etc..  Our consumer gear tends to lose it's mind.  My routers connection table get's hosed or full at times and needs forcefully cleansed. 

If your router is also running a firewall then consider disabling it if you know you are not specifically using it.  Statefull inspection can cause issues if the state becomes corrupted or lost for some reason.  Packets dropped until correct state is reestablished.

 

Ripley was wrong because aliens did fuck other aliens over.

 

Which would be true if he was being disconnected from other games as well. But I suppose it's just a coincidence that those issues just happen to pop up when he's playing Destiny. Bungie, after all, can do no wrong.

Thu, 10/02/2014 - 23:40 (Reply to #14)
pyro13g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/13/2008 - 23:00

KamakazeTaco wrote:

pyro13g wrote:

I haven't had a recent disconnect that I can recall.  I wouldn't be so quick to place tons of blame on bungie.  They aren't the only(obviously) piece of the connection puzzle.  You have local ISP POP's, their backbones, their peering connections to upper tier backbone providers, traffic engineering and throttling, load(congestion, latency), colocation(datacenters), gear failures, routing issues, and on and on.  Bungie has even stated that it sees the issue often pop up in rolling geographical clusters. Heck, you could even have infected machines on your local ISP POP participating in denial of service attacks which could only affect a small amount of users in the big picture.  NAT changes out of the blue could very well be out of your control  My ISP handed out private IP addresses  for a stint which resulted in double NAT which breaks a lot of stuff.  Some people get in NAT trouble by plugging a router into a router(integrated modem, router, wireless, wired LAN switch) the ISP gave them resulting in double NAT.. In that scenario one of the routers needs placed in bridge mode, prefeerably the ISP router, or just ditch your router and use a switch if you need more physical ports then available on the ISP device.  If you use an ISP provided router  then you could end up at the mercy of the ISP configuration of the device.  Ask for a modem only and see what they say.  You can run into problems with VoIP adapters for ISP provided phone service.  We've had ISPs "upgrade" work at home user hardware that ends up preventing the user from connecting to our network.  Some ISPs may work with you, especially if they have local compettion. Often, the user has to come back to work at office because some stuff just doesn't perform well with other connection methods as a work around.

First step is always power cycle modems, routers, end devices, etc..  Our consumer gear tends to lose it's mind.  My routers connection table get's hosed or full at times and needs forcefully cleansed. 

If your router is also running a firewall then consider disabling it if you know you are not specifically using it.  Statefull inspection can cause issues if the state becomes corrupted or lost for some reason.  Packets dropped until correct state is reestablished.

 

Ripley was wrong because aliens did fuck other aliens over.

 

Which would be true if he was being disconnected from other games as well. But I suppose it's just a coincidence that those issues just happen to pop up when he's playing Destiny. Bungie, after all, can do no wrong.

 

So he's playing two games at the same time to compare apples to apples?  Ever have the issue where a quick shutdown resolves the issue?  Of course there can be issues with whatever server farms, ISP, Colo, hardware, software, etc.. Bungie or Microsoft or any part in between uses.  I've seen my VPNs, 2 different ones using different technology, to work drop at the same time I get disconnected in Destiny.  Not a Bungie or Microsoft problem.  When Bungie sees a huge amount of packet loss to a geographical location it's unlikely their problem.  Attacks and ISP traffic engineering can certainly be localized to a single game and geograpically.  Maybe one game works and another doesn't just because of the IP address, location of servers, and the users path to them. 

Complaints of issues at times myself and others are not having problems. I have had issues when others don't. 

 

Thu, 10/02/2014 - 15:36
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I had the partner services problem on Tuesday night, both XBONE and 360.  Gave up for the night, but nothing like that since.  Also went back to orbit once and my Titan showed up as a 0 level.  WHOA!  Then I remembered that used to happen in Reach when there were services problems.  Went out and back in and my level was back, whew!

Thu, 10/02/2014 - 22:02
SoulTerror's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 12/13/2012 - 15:28
Currently Playing: 

Seems just Xbox is having connection issues. Other then when they are attacked, I have never had any connection issues on the PS4.

Thu, 10/02/2014 - 23:15 (Reply to #17)
pyro13g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/13/2008 - 23:00

SoulTerror wrote:

Seems just Xbox is having connection issues. Other then when they are attacked, I have never had any connection issues on the PS4.

It happens on PS4, just hasn't happened to you yet. 

Fri, 10/03/2014 - 09:16
SoulTerror's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 12/13/2012 - 15:28
Currently Playing: 

Nor any of the people I play with since none have complained except for when Bungie get's attacked.

Thu, 10/09/2014 - 09:14
Zombie1977's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/12/2007 - 23:00

 So went from cattle problems to zebra problems. Working our way thru the animal kingdom.

Thu, 10/09/2014 - 11:31
Zombie1977's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/12/2007 - 23:00

 Seems Bugie has set aside my very own server. There is nobody...anywhere,strange.

Thu, 10/09/2014 - 18:14
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Saw something similar to that today on the 360.  Went to the Tower from orbit and there was no one around, human or AI!! Really weird.  Went out and back in and things were back to normal  Strange...wish I recorded that.

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p