[Destiny] Lev 20 and beyond Info
[Destiny] Lev 20 and beyond Info
Hit lev 20 last night with my Warlock. Moved over to PSN on a PS4 for this game. Have to say - love it, but all my experience is from that perspective and this is only 1 week (Tues - Thursday) into the game. I'm sure more will be learned and more will change. Afterall, Raids aren't even open yet Vault of glass doesn't open till [ EDIT] Sept 16 or for Lev 26 players [/ EDIT] so... but this is what I've learned so far about 20+, all subject to more learning of course.
At level 15, I unlocked a second sub class B. If I switch sub classes, will I have to earn more experience to unlock those other skills in sub class B?
Can I switch back and forth between subclasses A & B without penalty and keep all progress on each at any time?
Will I continue to earn EXP after I hit the level cap of 20?
Will all my current sub-class skills be unlocked when I hit level 20?
Will the EXP I earn after lev cap 20 be beneficial to me?
- Yes. Use it for unlocking your character skills in sub classes, for leveling your gear, for earning Motes of Light
What is a Mote of Light?
- Item you earn for each progress point instead of a new level after 20.
- Mote of Light is another type of currency
- Mote of light is used at the Seer for example in exchange for legendary class items (cosmetic?)
Hit EXP lev cap 20 – unlock “light”
- You now can buy armor with the “light” stat modifier
How do you go above level 20?
- You need enough “Light” stat to push you to level 21
- When you equip enough gear with enough “light” modifiers, you move up in “light” level
- Just like Discipline or Strength or Intellect… Light is now a 4th stat after level 20 on your gear
- Example – it may take a total of 20 total “Light” stat (across all gear) to push you to level 21
What armor can have “Light” modifiers?
- All 4 slots can have it, and you want it
Where do you get armor with “light” modifiers?
- You must first reach character level 20, when go to orbit, you receive a notice, then…
- Vanguard armory (Quartermaster or Vanguard Rep)
- Crucible armory
- Faction armories (several in Tower)
- Cryptarch (hypothetically - unconfirmed)
- Earn it through Missions
- Earn it through Crucible
- Random Drops fighing in the wild
- Patrol mission rewards
How come I can’t just use Glimmer to purchase “Light” armor?
- Armor with “Light” bonuses on it is harder to acquire
- You now need some combination of 4 things:
- Reputation (Crucible, Vanguard or *Faction)
- Marks (Crucible, Vanguard or *Faction)
- Motes of Light
What is the difference between Reputation and Marks for Vanguard or Crucible?
- Reptuation is how much favor you have with them.
- You need to earn enough favor or Rep (think street cred) before you get to see the goods
- The more reputation you have, the better stuff you get access to
What are Marks?
- Where Glimmer is currency accepted everywhere… MARKS are specifc to group
- Marks are just currency for that specifc group
- Each Faction, Vanguard and Crucible all have their own set of MARKs
- Each set of Marks are earned separately
- Vanguard Marks
- Crucible Marks
- Osiris Marks
- Future War Cult (FWC) Marks
- Dead Orbit Marks
How do I earn Vanguard Marks?
- Strike Play Lists – circle next to the crucible circle on the Director (opens at level 18 or so)
- Look for specific REWARD Vanguard Marks for special strikes / events on left column on director
- Look for special Bounties and/or Daily / Weekly / Nightly Event Strike type events with Vanguard Mark rewards
How do I earn Vanguard Reputation?
- Play ANY Strike
- Perform Patrol Missions
- Turn in Vanguard Bounties
- Resource cash in (need 50 of a given item) at Vanguard Quarter Master
How do I earn Crucible Marks?
- Play competitive Multiplayer i.e. Crucible
- Look for special Bounties and/or Daily / Weekly / Nightly Event rewards (left column on director)
How do I earn Crucible Reputation?
- Play the Crucible
- Turn in Crucible Bounties
- Resource cash in (need 50 of a given item) at Crucible Armory Bot
How do I earn a specific FACTION reputation & Marks?
- After reach level 20, buy an class item from the faction in the tower
- Equip it
- Now – go read the Vanguard and Crucible tasks – do the same stuff
- You will earn Faction Reputation & Marks instead of Vanguard/Crucible Rep & Marks
What is the highest Light level you’ve seen so far?
- Light Level 29
What is the highest PvE mob you’ve seen and where was it?
- Level 26 Minotaur Vex thing
- Venus in the wild