mcc is so broken i dont even want it anymore

105 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, 11/13/2014 - 15:27
sknnie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/23/2010 - 23:00

mcc is so broken i dont even want it anymore

how much longer do we gamers stand for unfinished products. there is no such thing as a midnight release anymore. if you get the game from the store you have to wait an hour for a download. i love the whole experience of gettign the game at midnight and being amongst the first to play.  i collect halo stuff so i wanted the in hand product. do to circumstances i didnt go that route.  i didnt want to wait an hour after getting the game. so i did the direct download to the hd. midnight comes around AND THE FUCKING GAME DOESNT WORK! so now not only do i not have a hard copy to add to my collection. i didnt get to play at midnight either. so supposedly today theY fixed the server problem and i did match up for a couple of games but, it either didnt start, takes for ever to load, didnt finish, or just froze up after the match. THE GAME STILL FUCKIING SUCKS!

 so i say how hard is it to make a game work. matchmaking isnt a new concept. antone says well remember destiny ddint work right either. then it hit me. i cant rmemeber the last time  a game worked properly at release. gtav was broke. mm wasnt even available for a month. then it didnt work properly when released. titanfall ddint work. battelfield didnt work. nothing ever works anymore.

is this just some fucked up way the developers have found a way to cut production cost. release a game that isnt ready and let the consumer tell you what needs fixed. thats fucked up, and has ruined the fun of midnight releases. just charge me more money, move the release date if needed, and give me a  A FUCKING PRODUCT THAT WORKS!

 

Thu, 11/13/2014 - 15:34
Shadow's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/10/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Sunset Overdrive worked perfect at midnight.

I agree games have launch issues.  Mainly because there is no way to know how a million gamers all hitting the servers at once is going to work out.  They could have had an open beta I guess, but not everyone plays those.  Destiny also had problems at launch.

This will pass.  Play something else or play campaign.  It'll be working fine soon enough.

Fri, 11/14/2014 - 00:36 (Reply to #2)
KamakazeTaco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 01/30/2009 - 23:00
Shadow wrote:

Sunset Overdrive worked perfect at midnight.

I agree games have launch issues.  Mainly because there is no way to know how a million gamers all hitting the servers at once is going to work out.  They could have had an open beta I guess, but not everyone plays those.  Destiny also had problems at launch.

This will pass.  Play something else or play campaign.  It'll be working fine soon enough.

People like you are the reason things like this happen. That whole attitude of "Other games have the same problem" and "If you dont like it play something else." Mediocrity should not be something to aspire to. Just because the launch for GTA or Destiny or Titanfall was bad does not mean it's okay for the launch of everything to be bad. But what happens? People develop that even a loser is a winner mentality and are perfectly happy to excuse any and everything. It's bullshit, and it needs to stop. 343 fucked up hard and should not be given a pass on this. Name one other fairly costly product besides video games you can buy and have half if not all of it fail (Looking at you Assassin's Creed) and still have this attitude of not caring. Hell, I spend 5 bucks on a burger and it's undercooked I'm getting my money back and nobody would say to just eat the bun and tomato. But 60 bucks on a multiplayer game with no multiplayer and people are just happy to own a disc of plastic.
Fri, 11/14/2014 - 09:03 (Reply to #3)
bdub77's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/19/2013 - 15:34

KamakazeTaco wrote:
 Name one other fairly costly product besides video games you can buy and have half if not all of it fail (Looking at you Assassin's Creed) and still have this attitude of not caring.

Enterprise level software. Which, in this case, was the thing that really failed.

I hate to say this, but it's not as much the video game, it's the promises made and failed to deliver on the backend that caused the majority of the problems we're seeing. BUT - yeah it should have been tested (and documented) properly and it's 343's fault. And some of those things really should have been caught ahead of time.

As someone who works w/enterprise software, the problem is endemic to the industry, and in particular a failure to adjust for performance for massive scale. Performance testing is the LAST thing done (second is installation testing) and almost always happens only after a customer reports the problem. It just so happens that with dedicated servers, the games we play are reliant on that backend. Hence this complete f*ckup. 

It'll be resolved within a few weeks but I agree that it is completely unacceptable, especially considering the Titanfall rollout should have brought those issues to light.

Fri, 11/14/2014 - 09:55 (Reply to #4)
Shadow's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/10/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

KamakazeTaco wrote:
Shadow wrote:

Sunset Overdrive worked perfect at midnight.

I agree games have launch issues.  Mainly because there is no way to know how a million gamers all hitting the servers at once is going to work out.  They could have had an open beta I guess, but not everyone plays those.  Destiny also had problems at launch.

This will pass.  Play something else or play campaign.  It'll be working fine soon enough.

People like you are the reason things like this happen. That whole attitude of "Other games have the same problem" and "If you dont like it play something else." Mediocrity should not be something to aspire to. Just because the launch for GTA or Destiny or Titanfall was bad does not mean it's okay for the launch of everything to be bad. But what happens? People develop that even a loser is a winner mentality and are perfectly happy to excuse any and everything. It's bullshit, and it needs to stop. 343 fucked up hard and should not be given a pass on this. Name one other fairly costly product besides video games you can buy and have half if not all of it fail (Looking at you Assassin's Creed) and still have this attitude of not caring. Hell, I spend 5 bucks on a burger and it's undercooked I'm getting my money back and nobody would say to just eat the bun and tomato. But 60 bucks on a multiplayer game with no multiplayer and people are just happy to own a disc of plastic.

I'm being reasonable about it.  And someone needs to, so that's me.  It's annoying, but it'll be fixed soon.  It must.  And I don't buy plastic anymore.

Thu, 11/13/2014 - 15:43
sknnie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/23/2010 - 23:00

i hate campaigns

Thu, 11/13/2014 - 16:10
bdub77's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/19/2013 - 15:34

This was on neogaf, FWIW.

We DO have dedicated servers.

First off – and I will say this for the next hundred years – SORRY – we are fixing it. It’s getting better slowly today and we expect that trend to continue, but what you’re seeing currently is actually just an element of this complicated problem – we do in fact use dedicated servers for matchmade games, but as an emergency contingency, MCC is designed to fall back to traditional peer-hosted gameplay in the event that there are connectivity issues with the dedicated servers. This can happen for a variety of reasons including intermittent unavailability of dedicated servers, poor ping times to the dedicated server datacenters, or network configuration issues that prevent you from being able to access the dedicated servers. We’re busy getting stuff fixed and improved, and I promise you I will give you a full breakdown of what happened (and it’s multiple compounding things) after we fix it all. And Dan is going to update everyone on the situation and improvements later today.

Personally though I'm not happy either. The few games I've gotten into have been pretty awful. I also have a number of issues with my new Xbone that I don't like, but that's for another time, another dimension.

Thu, 11/13/2014 - 19:19
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I have been able to play quite a few games, but with 5+ minute wait times.  Also, many times I'll be kicked to the title screen before the game starts or get thrown into the match just by myself.  When it does work, it plays great for the most part.  Experienced some rubber-banding issues, and it seems to lag more as the game progresses.  Once the game starts, hit registration is wonderful.  By the end of the match, it can be rather wonky, especially on H3 maps.  Again, when it does work, it's awesome.  1080p/60fps makes HCE and H2 look great beyond their years.  Now if we can just get people to stop voting for H4 maps and start voting for some HCE maps.  

Thu, 11/13/2014 - 20:57
Tristan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 08/31/2008 - 23:00

This launch is beyond pathetic. I would expect better than this for a beta test, much less a game I paid $60 for.

But the good thing is that the games themselves seem really solid. The few games I've been able to play (custom games) have been really fun so far. Halo:CE is much smoother online than I feared (given the horrific lag of HaloPC, even on LAN). Once they fix all the lobby and matchmaking bugs, it should be a really great game. I'm just sad that they've basically killed any momentum they would have gotten from the launch. I've given up trying to play until they release more fixes this weekend.

Thu, 11/13/2014 - 22:32
lanierb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 04/17/2008 - 23:00

MCC is *so* messed up that whoever is in charge of 343 should be fired. It's that bad.  Some of the bugs are totally inexcusable, like the game was never even play tested at all.  No Halo beta has been anywhere near this bad.  If it isn't drastically improved pretty fast I think it will be a huge failure.

That said, I love Halo and I'm willing to play Destiny for a bit longer and come back when it becomes playable.

Fri, 11/14/2014 - 00:35
Tristan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 08/31/2008 - 23:00

I agree completely. I was thinking someone (or several people) should probably lose their jobs over this.

I understand having deadlines and everything, but there comes a point when it's better to push the deadline back rather than release something so poorly executed.

Fri, 11/14/2014 - 04:59
CiaranORian's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/26/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

I agree completely. It will not change though until people stop buying new games.

I swore I would never buy another battlefield game after the launch debacle on Xbox One. Still a year later, with lots of fixes, a faded memory and with a desire to play something new, I'm considering battlefield Hardline. We're all to blame.

Fri, 11/14/2014 - 07:11
DarthTabasco's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/09/2011 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

We are simply caught in the middle. We want to play our favorite games and support our favorite developers, but it's becoming more difficult to justify new purchases. Since I don't really play Battlefield I can't speak to the problems with BF4, but the launch of MCC has to rate pretty high on the list of biggest failure to launch for a major game release. 

I can understand day one problems, but for the game to be filled with so many bugs is just ridiculous. 

Here is an update posted yesterday:

Quote:
We are aware that while some users are reporting improved Matchmaking experiences, many users have not seen an improvement. As a result, we are temporarily moving to a limited playlist layout that will allow for players to find games faster.We’ll temporarily be removing the following playlists: 

  • Team Hardcore
  • Rumble Pit
  • Halo 4
  • SWAT (rotational)

The updated playlist layout will be: 

  • Team Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Halo Championship Series
  • Team Slayer
  • Big Team Battle
  • Halo 2 Classic
  • Halo 3

This concentrated playlist layout will allow players to get into matches faster, and improve overall match times. While we anticipate that concentrating our players into fewer playlists will have an effect on match times, it will not solve all Matchmaking issues. We are currently investigating CUs and server side tweaks over the next week to address matchmaking issues. To read more, see our latest update here: Additionally, we have a Content Update going live tomorrow that will address fixes for scoring and stats. This update does not include in-progress Matchmaking fixes, outside of a minor fix for team skill matching. The patch notes from this update will be posted tomorrow morning when the update goes live.

Fri, 11/14/2014 - 07:45
LegendcalledJim's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 02/13/2009 - 23:00

This stuff just makes me sad. The game looks and plays awesome when you can play it. Between 4 hour download times and junk launch quailty games I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to be part of game launches.

Fri, 11/14/2014 - 10:18
Tristan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 08/31/2008 - 23:00

Can you imagine if Yo Yo Ma sold out Carnegie Hall, showed up unprepared and completely fucked up every piece he played, and then apologized the next day, saying, "Whoops, my bad. Don't worry, I'm practicing 24/7 to learn the music. Come back next week and I might have most of the pieces in somewhat better shape." His career would be over.

Fri, 11/14/2014 - 10:42
Shadow's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/10/2007 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

it Battlefield Hardline coming out?  Did BF4 totally tank for a month at launch, for a brand new game (not a greatest hits)?  Yes to both

Fri, 11/14/2014 - 15:32
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

Not sure what you guys are all complaining about,especially since this MCC player made an amazing montage clip of his own matchmaking experience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9HLzigZHVs&feature=youtu.be

Fri, 11/14/2014 - 16:11
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 
So glad I still buy the physical copies of games. Was able to trade in the disappointment that was Destiny and get $37 back. Does anyone know if you bring a full party into MM (say 8 for 4v4) if it will match you quickly or does it search for games even though you have enough for match? I would rather have servers than P2P if possible with a full group.
Fri, 11/14/2014 - 20:55 (Reply to #18)
sknnie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/23/2010 - 23:00
OMGaLaserPewPew wrote:
So glad I still buy the physical copies of games. Was able to trade in the disappointment that was Destiny and get $37 back. Does anyone know if you bring a full party into MM (say 8 for 4v4) if it will match you quickly or does it search for games even though you have enough for match? I would rather have servers than P2P if possible with a full group.
If you can even get a party togther cause that is broken too and even when u get one together goodluck getting Into mm and even if you do you get seperated or kicked
Fri, 11/14/2014 - 20:01
zombiekitten's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/10/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Pretty sure all of the 4v4 game types party size is limited to 4 so you can't do that.

Sat, 11/15/2014 - 09:39 (Reply to #20)
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

zombiekitten wrote:

Pretty sure all of the 4v4 game types party size is limited to 4 so you can't do that.

What I thought as well.  Unless you specifically trying for MM chievos my suggestion would be to set up a custom party for the 8 and set the games to 4x4 with pretty vanilla settings.  In essence, simulating MM for an 8 person party.

Sat, 11/15/2014 - 10:48 (Reply to #21)
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

OldnAchy wrote:

zombiekitten wrote:

Pretty sure all of the 4v4 game types party size is limited to 4 so you can't do that.

What I thought as well.  Unless you specifically trying for MM chievos my suggestion would be to set up a custom party for the 8 and set the games to 4x4 with pretty vanilla settings.  In essence, simulating MM for an 8 person party.

 

I was able to get many of the multiplayer achievements by booting up a second crontroller and going into customs.  I just wanted to see if it was possible to use MM servers instead of custom P2P connections.  Customs the other night were extremely laggy for me and I was hoping a workaround was to go into MM with a full party, but I guess they are limiting that, which is a shame.  

Fri, 11/14/2014 - 23:07
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

On the bright side: the matchmaking menu looks really nice. I think I could just sit and watch it for hours ... ... .... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Okay, enough of that. Back to D*****y.

Sat, 11/15/2014 - 07:03
ImMrPete's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 01/14/2007 - 23:00

I was seriously considering purchasing an Xbox One specifically for MCC. I absolutely loved Halo 2 when it came out 10 years ago. These issues have made me reconsider and now I may wait until Halo 5 comes out. Unfortunately this is becoming all too common these days. I was burned on the launch of Diablo 3 on the PC and Battlefield 4's issues made me not want to buy games Multiplayer games at launch anymore.

Sat, 11/15/2014 - 12:31
Tristan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 08/31/2008 - 23:00

It seems like Save and Quit is glitchy as well. I had to replay most of the H2 campaign level Outskirts 3x because every time I saved and quit in the middle of the mission, it made me restart the level from the beginning every time I came back. Ugh. It's like they didn't test this stuff at all. "Well, the code is mostly done. Should we fire it up and play to make sure it works? Nah, let's just cross our fingers and ship the game as is."

Sat, 11/15/2014 - 16:34 (Reply to #25)
OMGaLaserPewPew's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 11/14/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Tristan wrote:

It seems like Save and Quit is glitchy as well. I had to replay most of the H2 campaign level Outskirts 3x because every time I saved and quit in the middle of the mission, it made me restart the level from the beginning every time I came back. Ugh. It's like they didn't test this stuff at all. "Well, the code is mostly done. Should we fire it up and play to make sure it works? Nah, let's just cross our fingers and ship the game as is."

I can't watch Nightfall or any of the terminals that I find.  Also, achievements for completing missions are glitched for me.  This game is a mess lol.

Sat, 11/15/2014 - 13:14
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

Unplugged my XB1 this morning and restarted this morning just to make sure the update "took." Pulled up matchmaking roughly 12:30pm Central and got into a 1 bomb assault game on the Stonetown (aka Zanzibar) H2 anniversary map in less than 5 minutes. During the load someone kept shouting "HELLO HELLO HELLO" into my ear, so yanked my headphones and made a mental note to learn how to mute on the MCC. Spent first few minutes of the game figuring out the universal reclaimer controller settings (which I chose because they're most similar to Halo Reach and 4), remembering the rules of assault, and the layout of Zanzibar. Deserted by entire team and thus became target practice for the other team in a repeat cycle of spawn -- attempt to get bearings -- shoot -- die -- spawn -- attempt to get bearings -- shoot -- die, etc. But still, I stuck it out the entire game, got a kill or two, and I'm still looking forward to getting on again (this was just a test run between chores).

Sat, 11/15/2014 - 14:31
Tristan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 08/31/2008 - 23:00

I'll send you a FR. Who knows if we'll be able to join the same lobby or not.

Sat, 11/15/2014 - 15:34 (Reply to #28)
Duke12's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/28/2012 - 14:47
Currently Playing: 

Tristan wrote:

I'll send you a FR. Who knows if we'll be able to join the same lobby or not.

Thanks! Feel free to send an invite even if I'm playing something other than MCC. If I'm not otherwise heavily involved in other game (heavily involved meaning "raid" or "nighfall") I'll gladly join you.

Mon, 11/17/2014 - 14:22 (Reply to #29)
BigBadMike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 07/27/2009 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Tristan wrote:

I'll send you a FR. Who knows if we'll be able to join the same lobby or not.

I cannot for the life of me connect to your lobby.  I'm sure you were unable to connect to me either.  I find it odd that with so many freinds online in this game the only person I saw on the in game Roster the other day was you....who I couldn't connect with.

 

I'll try again after the update.

Sat, 11/15/2014 - 16:00
OldnAchy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 08/16/2010 - 23:00
Currently Playing: 

Save and quit was working in the Halo 4 LASO playlist so that problem might be game or campaign specific.

Join our Universe

Connect with 2o2p