I wasn't planning on posting anything more for this year, but just had to throw this out there.
My family and I went to help raise money for Childrens Hospital tonight. We worked the hot food stand. I was the cook, my wife ran the register, my son did the hot chocolate and my daughter did cheese fries.
All of the other vounteers could come to the kitchen and get free hot dogs/ hamburgers and drinks. One elderly lady came in and i served her a hot dog and iced tea. she stood in the back of the kitchen to have her meal. As i'm flipin' burgers, i noticed she was bent over the sink, and i thought she was getting sick. In just a few seconds, she was beat red and started waving her arm at me. She had taken one bite of the hot dog i gave her and began to choke on it. She was very paniced and could not breath at all. i stepped behind her, wrapped my arms around her, and performed the hymlich(sp????) manouver. After about seven or eight tries, the hot dog came up. WHEW!
Truly a scary moment for everyone. I guess i got the opportunity to do two good deeds today. I hope the new year starts as well as the old one ended.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!