I just cracked open my first MGD, my shirt smells like mesquite smoke and freedom, and when I'm done eating this huge grilled porterhouse it's off to watch fireworks and masturbate to the Star Spangled Banner. It's how John Wayne woulda done it. Murica! Nuff said.
Happy Birthday, America!
Happy Birthday to me!
Wouldn’t you know it, and as soon as I renew my Xbox live gold subscription!
Hahahahahaha! No more Xbox for me.
Is going on the block...
"One of the holy grails of the collector car world and possibly one of the world’s most valuable Porsches extant will be offered for sale at the Gooding & Company auction in Pebble Beach, Calif., next month.
The 1969 917K is probably the most desirable version of one of Porsche’s mightiest competition cars. The reliable and powerful flat-12 engine, combined with lightweight aerodynamic coupe bodywork, was tailor made for endurance races like The 24 Hours of Le Mans. Picking up where the Ford GT40 left off, (and also sponsored by Gulf Oil in the iconic light blue and orange livery) the 917K helped show the door to Ferrari in endurance racing, leaving them to concentrate on Formula One, where they remain today."
Best guess is $20 million plus...THIS is THE car that took the checker flag in the Steve McQueen "LeMans" movie...
This past weekend I participated in a 48 Hour Film Project. It is a competition where teams are assigned a film genre at random, told to incorporate certain elements (a prop, a character, and line of dialogue) and then given 48 hours to make a movie.
I connected with a team led by a former coworker, and I was the principal photographer and editor. Over the entire weekend I slept for maybe 6 hours total, otherwise fueled by Dunkin Donuts, adrenaline, and the immense pressure of meeting our deadline.
The film genre we pulled was "Silent Film". At first we lamented this idea because it is our first-ever attempt at this challenge, and Silent Film sounded like it could have been a very tough genre. However we came up with a story that worked well without any dialogue, figured out how to add our required elements, and created a film.
A couple random pics from the last few days:
Shooting a scene. I'm the tubby guy with the camera.
Our lead actor, director, and me at the premiere screening on Wednesday night. The most rewarding part of the experience was seeing my work on the same movie screen where I saw Avatar, in front of a full theater.
1. "The infection is spreading faster than I anticipated... you should leave town soon!"
- Resident Evil
2. "Oh no, here it is! I didn't think it would come so quickly!"
- Sonic The Hedgehog
3. "Finish her... Fatality!"
- Mortal Kombat
4. "Head shot!"
5. "Fire in the hole!"
- Counter Strike
6. "Keep your head down... there's two of us in here now, remember?"
7. "I have balls of steel."
- Duke Nukem
8. "You're almost as big as my father; maybe bigger!"
- Legend of Legaia
9. "Snake! Are you there, Snake? Snake! Snaaaaaake!"
- Metal Gear Solid
10. I don't think that's supposed to go there..."
- Broken Sword: The Angel of Death
11. "You wanna ride the worm? You wanna ride the worm? Okay, I'll let you ride the worm!"
- Space Quest 6: Roger Wilco in The Spinal Frontier
12. "Work complete."
- World of Warcraft
13. "That's the second biggest monkey head I've ever seen!"
- The Secret of Monkey Island
14. "It just jumped out the hole and attacked me!"
- Vampire Rain
15. "Who wants some wang?"
- Shadow Warrior
16. "Not enough cash, stranger!"
- Resident Evil 4
17. "It's a-me, Mario!"
18. "I need a medic!"
- Urban Terror
19. "Oh yeah, baby! Are you ready for some... wiener?"
- Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
20. "Your face, your ass... what's the difference?
- Duke Nukem
I am really really really really really really excited to hear halo ce is coming to xbl and halo 2 is coming back to xbl
ive decided to buy an xbox one just for this , much excitment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
used to be this....
estimated at perhaps 1.15 million by the last auction on record.
Tree vs car, tree wins.