Become a Premium member! SIGN UP for
  • CProRacing
  • shamrogue
  • sfw555
  • SarcasmoJones
  • TwizdFred
  • Jett_Fuel
  • Y4bz
  • Gatsu
  • VengefulJedi
  • Bee
  • GunMod
  • SarcasmoJones
  • deucedriver
  • Bee
  • SarcasmoJones
  • Gatsu
  • SarcasmoJones
  • VengefulJedi
  • SarcasmoJones
  • SarcasmoJones
  • ImMrPete
  • CProRacing
  • Doodi
  • CProRacing
  • SarcasmoJones
18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Minotaur's picture
Joined: 03/13/2014
Points: 109
Groups: Halotards
CONSTRUCT

GoD Of FoRgE created a modded remake of Halo 3's multi-player map Construct about a year ago. I downloaded it a while back, and found a bug that needed to be fixed (a kill zone where one shouldn't be). It's all OK now, and it's in my H4 fileshare. Haven't played it yet though...

I have played that map in H3 several times and like it. It's a mid size map that's just large enough for 8v8, but works for 4v4 or FFA using most game types. It uses the same color palette and lighting as the H3 remade for H4 map "Narrows".

Maybe try it some Tuesday or Thu evening?

 

 

 

__________________

Johnson: "Pull yourself together, because you're going with him."

DEEP_NNN's picture
Division Leader
Joined: 07/03/2005
Points: 4427
Groups:

Minotaur wrote:

GoD Of FoRgE created a modded remake of Halo 3's multi-player map Construct about a year ago. I downloaded it a while back, and found a bug that needed to be fixed (a kill zone where one shouldn't be). It's all OK now, and it's in my H4 fileshare. Haven't played it yet though...

I have played that map in H3 several times and like it. It's a mid size map that's just large enough for 8v8, but works for 4v4 or FFA using most game types. It uses the same color palette and lighting as the H3 remade for H4 map "Narrows".

Maybe try it some Tuesday or Thu evening?

 

 

 

You said modded?

Perhaps you can load that one up and then people can save it if they want.

If its real modded content, having it in your fileshare is risky business. Could result in your GT and 360 being banned forever.

I tend to be overly cautious.

__________________

Minotaur's picture
Joined: 03/13/2014
Points: 109
Groups: Halotards

I think the question centers around what "modded" actually means. I assumed it meant "modified" or remade from an original. The word "modded", in the game description, was put there by the user God of Forge, not me. He seems to have created quite a few maps.

I'm with you on the not wanting to risk the banhammer, but I don't see how a custom non-343 H4 game map can do that.

343 even suggests modifying their maps to create new ones. Let me know if I'm missing something...

 

__________________

Johnson: "Pull yourself together, because you're going with him."

DEEP_NNN's picture
Division Leader
Joined: 07/03/2005
Points: 4427
Groups:

Minotaur wrote:

I think the question centers around what "modded" actually means. I assumed it meant "modified" or remade from an original. The word "modded", in the game description, was put there by the user God of Forge, not me. He seems to have created quite a few maps.

I'm with you on the not wanting to risk the banhammer, but I don't see how a custom non-343 H4 game map can do that.

343 even suggests modifying their maps to create new ones. Let me know if I'm missing something...

 

Usually modded means custom modded on a jtagged 360. Bannable but I don't know if this is the case with this map. Kenjamin might know more about it.

We've used a few modded maps for Race before 343i came out with their version.

Just have to be careful is all.

__________________

DEEP_NNN's picture
Division Leader
Joined: 07/03/2005
Points: 4427
Groups:

The map itself was pretty good but AA should be avoided. Perhaps the black screens were a result of bandwidth or people joining mid-game. Maybe next time we can test it with Pro settings and fewer people.

__________________

Kenjamin1 MI's picture
Joined: 03/29/2012
Points: 1066
Groups: Graphics Lounge

Try Re-Constructed by DERK 91 as an option.

Here is a great list of Halo remakes that have been play tested - https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst127882_Download-Halo-4-Classic-Map-Remakes.aspx

__________________

(JAMN's Halo 4 Fileshare-  Graphics Lounge  *  Clan-Destined  *  HaloTracks  - 

Minotaur's picture
Joined: 03/13/2014
Points: 109
Groups: Halotards

Kenjamin1 MI wrote:

Try Re-Constructed by DERK 91 as an option.

Here is a great list of Halo remakes that have been play tested - https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst127882_Download-Halo-4-Classic-Map-Remakes.aspx

Thanks for the info. I will download the map.

__________________

Johnson: "Pull yourself together, because you're going with him."

AddiCt3d_2CHa0s's picture
Joined: 01/08/2010
Points: 222
Groups: Graphics Lounge

Modded in my experience always means "illegally". I have not heard of anyone getting banned for having modded maps in their fileshares, but I wouldn't put them there, either. It's also good practice to let people know before you load them up on any modded maps, because a lot of people aren't comfortable even playing them. The only modded content I know of that has resulted in a ban is the campaign theater mod. I'm not sure why they banned people for that and not map mods, but it has happened. I also would not take any screenshots of any obviously modded content, because that is how the theater mod bans occurred.

 

I've enjoyed the times we've played on the Construct remakes, I miss that map!

__________________

 

Have a  Day!

BigBadMike's picture
Joined: 07/27/2009
Points: 1039

Should get a pretty good replica of construct in the "Master Chief series"

__________________

Minotaur's picture
Joined: 03/13/2014
Points: 109
Groups: Halotards

AddiCt3d_2CHa0s wrote:

Modded in my experience always means "illegally". ...snip... ....I've enjoyed the times we've played on the Construct remakes, I miss that map!

I'm not sure where the word "modded" came from, whether it was my description or if it was used to describe it on Waypoint.

In any event, many GoD 0f FoRgE maps are officially linked at Waypoint, including his map "Construct".

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/9124c416-94d3-4733-bf01-fc3ec6b4169a

 

__________________

Johnson: "Pull yourself together, because you're going with him."

AddiCt3d_2CHa0s's picture
Joined: 01/08/2010
Points: 222
Groups: Graphics Lounge

Minotaur wrote:

AddiCt3d_2CHa0s wrote:

Modded in my experience always means "illegally". ...snip... ....I've enjoyed the times we've played on the Construct remakes, I miss that map!

I'm not sure where the word "modded" came from, whether it was my description or if it was used to describe it on Waypoint.

In any event, many GoD 0f FoRgE maps are officially linked at Waypoint, including his map "Construct".

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/9124c416-94d3-4733-bf01-fc3ec6b4169a

 

 

Yeah I don't know anything about GoD 0f FoRgE, but if he makes modded maps, Frank O' Conner is seen in a YouTube video telling people they can put modded maps and gametypes in their fileshares without getting banned. It's just that he's not the top authority on the matter, and if Microsoft decides to enforce the law, they can. By law, modded maps are illegal to the agreement we make when we play the game. When we play, we agree not to nerf the software. But it's one of those things that he said they are looking past. For now. At least then, when the video came out. But again, a lot of people are wary and I always try to tell people before I load a modded map.

__________________

 

Have a  Day!

BigBadMike wrote:

Should get a pretty good replica of construct in the "Master Chief series"

LOL.  Yeah, I'm not sure we'll ever need a forged version of an official map again.

__________________

V2 -  Posts: 7165 | Zombie
 - KiowaChief (7/30/71 - 2/20/12)
 

Minotaur's picture
Joined: 03/13/2014
Points: 109
Groups: Halotards

AddiCt3d_2CHa0s wrote:

Yeah I don't know anything about GoD 0f FoRgE, but if he makes modded maps, Frank O' Conner is seen in a YouTube video telling people they can put modded maps and gametypes in their fileshares without getting banned. It's just that he's not the top authority on the matter, and if Microsoft decides to enforce the law, they can. By law, modded maps are illegal to the agreement we make when we play the game. When we play, we agree not to nerf the software. But it's one of those things that he said they are looking past. For now. At least then, when the video came out. But again, a lot of people are wary and I always try to tell people before I load a modded map.

 

Again, I may have used the word "modded" without understanding that word's contextual meaning within the world of Xbox. I couldn't find any reference to "modded" on Waypoint regarding GoD 0f FoRgE's forge maps. In any event, I deleted it from my fileshare.

__________________

Johnson: "Pull yourself together, because you're going with him."

Kenjamin1 MI's picture
Joined: 03/29/2012
Points: 1066
Groups: Graphics Lounge

Sometimes, "modded" can mean that the map has been altered to allow more forge items than the budget normally allows, more rocks, more trees, more wall doubles. Alot of forgers use these and they frequently cause bad lag and frame drops. I do try to stay away from those, However, I use the "modded" Race gametypes all the time, They would previously get removed from my fileshare, but have been fine recently.

__________________

(JAMN's Halo 4 Fileshare-  Graphics Lounge  *  Clan-Destined  *  HaloTracks  - 

DEEP_NNN's picture
Division Leader
Joined: 07/03/2005
Points: 4427
Groups:

Minotaur wrote:

AddiCt3d_2CHa0s wrote:

Yeah I don't know anything about GoD 0f FoRgE, but if he makes modded maps, Frank O' Conner is seen in a YouTube video telling people they can put modded maps and gametypes in their fileshares without getting banned. It's just that he's not the top authority on the matter, and if Microsoft decides to enforce the law, they can. By law, modded maps are illegal to the agreement we make when we play the game. When we play, we agree not to nerf the software. But it's one of those things that he said they are looking past. For now. At least then, when the video came out. But again, a lot of people are wary and I always try to tell people before I load a modded map.

 

Again, I may have used the word "modded" without understanding that word's contextual meaning within the world of Xbox. I couldn't find any reference to "modded" on Waypoint regarding GoD 0f FoRgE's forge maps. In any event, I deleted it from my fileshare.

Good choice.

I read the description and it said modded. The author's version, in his fileshare, does not. Could well be the same map with a description change.

__________________

AddiCt3d_2CHa0s's picture
Joined: 01/08/2010
Points: 222
Groups: Graphics Lounge

Kenjamin1 MI wrote:
I use the "modded" Race gametypes all the time, They would previously get removed from my fileshare, but have been fine recently.

 

They would just disappear from your fileshare? I've never heard of that happening, that's interesting. Maybe they decided to stop spreading out their resources >cough<likewhenmakinghalo4>cough< and gave in, wisely choosing to focus on upcoming releases instead.

 

I have two of my favorite ever clips from Construct. One is a blue-true with the laser, I can still remember my heart in my throat as that sword dude was rushing towards me. The other is a rocket I shoot from top mid at one of the side lifts, knowing that dudes are spawning underneath and probably coming up them, and I nail one as he's coming up the lift. Some really fond memories on that map.

__________________

 

Have a  Day!

BCyclops's picture
Joined: 11/23/2009
Points: 567
Groups: 2old2playHalo

Construct is one of my favorite maps. I think what I miss most is the flame thrower and missile pod. You can re-make the map in Halo 4, but it won't have those weapons.

But then again,.....Halo MCC!

It won't be long.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________

H4 forged maps: DeathMart (Shop Til Ya Drop) - Hog Bombers CTF - Lava Pit (Bumper Cars)

Minotaur's picture
Joined: 03/13/2014
Points: 109
Groups: Halotards

BCyclops wrote:

Construct is one of my favorite maps. I think what I miss most is the flame thrower and missile pod. You can re-make the map in Halo 4, but it won't have those weapons.

But then again,.....Halo MCC!

It won't be long.

So looking forward to MCC! I'll let you run with the FT & MP. :)

__________________

Johnson: "Pull yourself together, because you're going with him."